Posting in forum a sign I'm in an ef

Started by 89abc123, April 07, 2017, 09:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

89abc123

I've been really coming along in leaps and bounds with managing my emotional flashbacks, however last night I posted in this forum and I didn't realise I was in an EF.

After doing some further journaling after reading my posts I noticed that me posting in this forum is actually a sign that I've been triggered.

It might seem really obvious but I had never noticed that me logging on to this site is a manifestation of my freeze response. Looking back on the posts I've done there is always a desperate tone to them. If I read the post a few days later, it's like it was never me that wrote it in the first place.

Anyway I wanted to share, because I assume a lot of other people do this too.

I feel like earlier posts were extremely unhealthy because I just needed someone to reassure me that I wasn't crazy. The post last night tho was really helpful and the person who replied actually helped me work through the ef. I think with this awareness I can now use this forum as a positive tool, not just a place to vent my negativity like I would in the past.

It's amazing how cptsd seeps into every single action.

Three Roses

:cheer:
This sounds like progress to me! New realizations & awareness! Good job, you :thumbup:

89abc123

Thanks three roses. I've only recently started making this kind of progress, for the last 2 years I haven't been able to accept this illness. now that I'm no longer fighting it the real progress is beginning.

Healing Finally

Yay 89abc123 !! :cheer: - isn't it great when we can acknowledge our actions and reactions and "follow the clues" to understand our disorder?   All part of the healing path.  Hugs! :hug: