Apology for silences

Started by Contessa, April 10, 2017, 02:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

Hi all,

I wanted to make an apology for being very quiet lately. It's essentially an indirect check out by situation of work.

I am on here daily to read, and often go to reply but do not feel I can make a sufficiently considered and sensitive enough response in the lack of time that there is at present. Some posts I think i've commented on but have not.

Other posts, from people I consider friends here, are missed and I catch on too late. I'm sorry that I have not been good with returning your kindnesses.

So I am here, always reading when I can. But I want to excuse commenting because I fear disrespecting members. And I am sorry for missing you in your time of need.

Three Roses

sanmagic7

no need to worry - it's all good.  do what you can when you can.  we still love you.  big hug!

radical

It's good to hear from you.  I was vaguely worried in not having heard from you, just because life has thrown you such tough situations* to deal with in the last while.

I've always valued your words and presence, and I've felt hugely supported by you. That remains with me. I'm glad you are around, and hope you will let us know how you are doing every now and then.  This community is big enough that no-one needs to feel burdened with responding.  I don't try to do more than I comfortably can.

We are always here to cheer you on or "hang tough" with you (as San would say).

Till then - chur to the max, cuz! :bighug:

* still trying to avoid swear words ;D

Contessa

Kizzie

Taking a break can be just what's needed Contessa, it's hard to look this disorder in the face day after day.  http://traumahealed.com/articles/take-a-break-from-healing/   

Contessa

Good article Kizzie, and thank you.

I am  finding that my focus is firmly in the present, and am able to deal with life with an alternative, non-traumatized perception. Things are better overall; time for some happier thoughts and experiences. I'm at a point where I can choose not to talk about negative things, and not have some nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach as a result. I'm re-learning how to not sweat the small stuff. My mind is capable of being fully focused on other things, and to talk and laugh and share those. Time to nurture that. :)

Candid

Quote from: Contessa on April 14, 2017, 06:19:18 AM
I am  finding that my focus is firmly in the present, and am able to deal with life with an alternative, non-traumatized perception. Things are better overall; time for some happier thoughts and experiences. I'm at a point where I can choose not to talk about negative things,

That's SO good, Contessa! Inspiration and encouragement for all of us. Well done, you. :yahoo: