Aching

Started by Manchesterford, April 14, 2017, 09:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manchesterford

It is a year since we parted and I see all that was wrong. I'm doing okay. I'm. Independent and working. I can say my.partners name or that I'm getting divorced without crumbling.  I can see some happiness in my future. I've come far. But..

I'm sad. I'm lonely. I miss arms around me at night, I miss intimacy,  comfort and sharing. I want to be part of a relationship but I still love my.partner and am not through the healing process enough to date.

I'm empty much of the time. When friends are with their partners in front of me I feel this huge hole in my heart. I avoid anything with sentiment on the TV or radio. 

My heart is shutting down my feelings because I'm so small and hurting inside.

Anyssuggestions?

Candid

Time to fall in love with yourself, Manchesterford. Treat your body well. Choose delicious and nutritious food. Wear clothes that make you happy. Maybe buy some new ones, and experiment with different make-up. Be among people, even when (especially when) you don't feel like it. Play music and dance.

I'm glad you're independent and working. It's time to think about making new friends, ones who don't know you as half of a couple, preferably single people you can go out with, NOT to look for a partner but just to hang out and talk about your day. It's a new world now and you can feel confident moving towards that happiness you see in your future.

Three Roses

I'm so sorry to hear how badly you're hurting, Manchesterford. Big hugs to you! :bighug:

Being sad and lonely hurts like *. It won't last forever, it just feels like it will. Your feelings are doing what they need to in order to alleviate your suffering. We are with you in spirit.