We have puppies!

Started by Wife#2, April 17, 2017, 06:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

I just want to shout from some rooftop. I'm so proud of our little mutt. She's a young thing, but hubby says she's doing great so far. I don't even know how many she's had. I'm stuck at work. But, at least hubby is  home with her and our DS8 gets to see them as well!

Please, Lord, may they and Mama Dog all be healthy and strong!

Sometimes, being stuck at work just stinks!

Thank you for letting me shout my happy news!

sanmagic7

yay for you and the new additions to your family!!!  so very cool!!!!

Wanttothrive

Fantastic! We have two dogs and we understand the joy of puppies. Yippee! New life is awesome. Our dogs say 'woof' which means great job! 🐶🐶🐶🐶

Wife#2

Thank you both!!

And thank your dogs, too, Wanttothrive!

She had 6 puppies, all healthy, all adorable.  :cheer:

Our daughter came over to see which will be her pick of the litter. It's a tough decision, they are all adorable! We can already tell the alpha from the runt.

Momma dog is being a wonderfully protective little Mama. So much so, the other two dogs got tired of being growled at every time they entered the living room (where her birthing box is) and they chose to sleep in my & hubby's bedroom.

Hubby wisely kept DS8 out of the room DURING the births, only to avoid explaining about the cleanup Mama dog would have to do. But, as soon as all were born, DS8 was allowed to go in and check out the new additions. Now, he and adult son (neither of whom will take care of one) want us to keep 'one or two' of the puppies.

:: Happy Dance ::

sanmagic7

Hope66

Exciting news!!!  Congratulations!!!  :-)

Kizzie

:rundog:
                           :rundog:                                 :rundog:

Soon your house will look like this lol

Congrats!

Wife#2

Wife#2

We're already having to watch where we step! They don't even have open eyes yet, but the can wiggle their way out of the birthing box. Hubby wants them VERY comfy, so they have lots of blankets to wiggle up. Then over the threshold, then out!

I found one almost under the sofa across the living room this morning! My favorite little girl puppy, too! She's a wanderer. LOL

:rundog: wanderer is my favorite so far :-)

We won't name them, yet. We still intend to give them away. It's getting harder, though, as their personalities start to show. Cute little heart-stealers  ;D

Kizzie

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you gotta love puppies  :yes:

Blueberry

Congratulations, a little on the late side! How are your puppies?

Wife#2

The puppies are adorable, walking, barking, wrestling each other. Just precious! I need a little precious in my life right now.

SIL won and he and DD will be taking two of the puppies. SIL's coworkers have been hearing for a week about the adorable puppies, now some of them may take the remaining ones - if SIL says they're good people who will treat them right.

One in particular is breaking my heart she's so cute. She may end up staying with us..... maybe. Possibly. She's got two more weeks to wiggle her way into my and hubby's hearts.

Blueberry

i'm so happy for you that you have something precious and cute in your life.  :cheer:

Wife#2

'Brown & White' as we call my favorite is doing a good job wiggling, pouncing and even growling her way into my heart. Hubby's heart, too! Still, we are pretty decided against keeping one. It's a tough emotional time for me and Earl. We're still discussing it, so this could yet change.

And, they are even MORE adorable now that they've begun weaning. Solid food was a HIT, though they still love Mama's milk. This in-between time is even more fun with this litter than the last time we had this going on (12 years ago).
  :rundog:   :rundog:    :rundog:     :rundog:      :rundog:      :rundog:    <--- for the puppies, chasing a food bowl or their mama.

:rundog: For their mama running away - she's SO ready for them to wean. LOL

sanmagic7

so glad the puppies are thriving, and that you're having some precious in your life right now.   what a great image!  yay for you all!