The Keepers Doco epic trigger alert - but SO AMAZING!

Started by mimi the moomin, September 08, 2017, 04:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimi the moomin

Has anyone seen the Netflix doco The Keepers? Woah!! its all at once horrifying (lots of trigger warnings here) but I felt such relief and elation at hearing this stuff come to light, seeing the most incredible and strong women - some as ferocious investigators and others as survivors in various stages of healing. Knowing there are women in the world out there like this has inspired me. Jean Wehner is in her 60's and her words were like a lighthouse for me.  Jean started to remember her abuse at around age 40 and hearing her discuss this (and more) with such insight is astonishing. These women are heroes!!!! It helps so much to have someone to look up to, navigating through life with similar trauma. I have huge gratitude to the people behind this documentary. I think it is a spearhead.

Anyways, thought I would post in case you have already seen it and want to jump on this thread.
If you haven't seen it, its very detailed in the telling of the abuse - sexual, mental and spiritual... I don't recommend seeking it out if you're in a vulnerable state.
If you do watch it - watch with support, someone to talk to afterwards and give yourself space to grieve and/or process. X

Three Roses

Kizzie

I downloaded it, but haven't watched it so tks for the TW and suggestion about watching it with some support Mimi  :thumbup: