Trouble with physical symptoms

Started by songbirdrosa, June 05, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

songbirdrosa

I've been having a lot of issues with stress-related physical symptoms lately, especially severe nausea and loss of appetite. My doctor says there's not much he can do to alleviate it, so I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if you know anything that might work? Peppermint tea makes it better temporarily, and I can drink soy milk and clear soups but very much else leaves me feeling quite ill for hours after eating.

Dee

I struggle with it as well.  Crackers help nausea.  I also take zofran.  I don't have much else to offer.  Sometimes I just have to prop myself up and try not to move at all.

Kada

I have trouble with nausea at times. I find that ginger tea helps me. I usually grate it, but it gets strong easily. I put a bit of lemon and honey with it. Also helps to work up a bit of an appetite.

Elphanigh

Hi there, I have struggled with this for years... I have found as Dee does that the crackers help. I also have learned that how to get myself to eat when I know it is getting truly unhealthy. Sometimes that is just one meal to sustain my body until I am less stressed but for someone that has is minorly hypoglycemic it is a must.

First I have to calm myself best I can, sometimes that takes me making a point to go out with a friend, or to watch several hours of a show that I can focus on that will help numb my brain. Whatever it is that truly calms you, if even for five minutes, do it. Then get a little bit of you favorite comfort food or something that has not alot of taste but holds calories. For example my if I have the ability is lasgna or some italian food. if you can keep the calm from whatever activity you did before/still are doing while eating it makes it easier to get a little bit down. I find once I realize that it is one of my favorite comfort foods it helps to settle the nausea as well.

Peppermint tea is a go to when the nausea is super bad so I am glad you have that. I tend to try some simple tomato soup with crackers. it will vary your clear soup diet and get  you some much needed vegetables in the diet. Jello also works if you need a sugar boost (something I always have on hand)

Not sure if that is helpful at all. Mine is always stress and all in my head normally. My anxiety kicks in when I am stressed and makes me nauseous so I just have to get less anxious. You said yours was stress so I thought the getting calm thing might help

unwife

i take Zantac because i get severe heartburn.  it helps the nausea a bit too.