Relationship and cptsd

Started by Annarae12, May 13, 2017, 07:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annarae12

I have been with my gf for a little over a year now. Ive been really struggling with extreme depersonalization/derealization for a year now and recently realized i have cptsd. I am struggling with my relationship, i find that i am always someone that needs a relationship because i long to be loved and to feel real love. I am so confused on my feelings though, its so hard for me to connect with my gf or get close to her because 2 years ago or so i got my heart completely broken by a girl i loved/love so dearly. Everytime i attempt to get close to my current gf i dissoiate and have emotional flashbacks about my painful ex or past pain. I do love my gf but sometimes i am unsure i can heal or really find myself while being with her. I feel so stuck sometimes since i live with her and have no money or drivers license. I have no idea what to do everything just seems so confusing and hard.

Dee

How does your GF treat you?  You don't have to be stuck with anyone.  We can brainstorm ideas to get you on your own two feet if you like.

Annarae12

My girlfriend and I recently broke up now. Things have not been very good at all since I was kicked out off our apartment and I dont really have anywhere to live now. My depersonalization is getting worse and I am not sure what I am going to do.

Dee

Anna,  What resources do you have in your community?  Also do you have friends that can help you out while you figure things out?