Hi everyone

Started by living_free, May 13, 2017, 07:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

living_free

Hello everyone  :wave:

I came across this site after googling for a support system for fellow ppl dealing with CPTSD. My mother is a narcissist / BPD sufferer. Looking to find fellow ppl who can understand my fears, frustrations and sadness after a lifetime of emotional and physical abuse. Like many of you, I have good and bad days. I've recently (2 weeks ago) cut off all contact from my mother, however, I'm living with my brother who doesn't support my decision and this makes it hard as he doesn't quite get it. But, I am lucky to have a great psychotherapist who is helping me along the way.

Looking forward to interacting with ppl who can relate and just chat to really  ;D

Three Roses

mourningdove

Welcome, living_free! :)

Dee

I am glad you found us, you are very welcomed here.

Candid

Quote from: living_free on May 13, 2017, 07:52:09 AM
Looking to find fellow ppl who can understand my fears, frustrations and sadness after a lifetime of emotional and physical abuse.

You'll certainly find us here!

QuoteI've recently (2 weeks ago) cut off all contact from my mother, however, I'm living with my brother who doesn't support my decision and this makes it hard as he doesn't quite get it.

Difficult situation. I'm glad to know you've got the safety valve of a good therapist.