We have puppies!

Started by Wife#2, April 17, 2017, 06:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

Update on the puppies....

Two went to our daughter and her family. One went to a family a state away, but who promise to update with pics from time to time. One (my favorite) went to a friend of our DS (adult). The other two stayed with us. Are staying with us. We named them, they're ours!

We kept two boys and they are so funny together. Their mother is happy they're almost completely weaned and now enjoys playing with them. They like Mama play time, too. They LOVE human play time.

Now, for house training and other puppy needs - including getting their mama fixed. As soon as the vet says she's ready, oh-yeah. That. Is. Happening!

Blueberry

Thanks for the update. It's nice to read about puppies!

Blueberry

wife#2, I know you're busy IRL and less on the forum atm. However, I'm wondering for when you do have a bit of time: are the puppies that you're keeping out with us on the Healing Porch too? I would love to have puppies with us on the porch!

Wife#2

The puppies can be on the healing porch as soon as their nails are clipped by the vet (hubby and I are both chicken!). They have to have leashes, though. These two are so playful and oblivious of their surroundings, they'd end up in the ocean surf before they knew it!

The brown and white one always looks sad, but don't le that fool you! He's a total BEAST of a puppy, full of play and licks to faces. He also weights about 24 pounds at 11 weeks old. His little brother is brown with marbled black and some tan. He has a white strip from his snout to the top of his head. He's littler than the other, only 20 pounds, but twice as boisterous.

Yes, the puppies will be on the healing porch soon. Spread the word!

Blueberry

Thanks for the update on the puppies! Leashes, yes. We wouldn't want the puppies to take off into the surf and abandon us on the porch. They sound beautiful and cute and adorable. Animals are so healing to have around. Especially for those of us who need hugs. Dogs do it differently of course - sit next to you and lean on you, give you their paws, sit on your feet, lick your legs, arms, face. The puppies might still be a bit boisterous for that.

Wife#2

Oh, the brown one, Bear, gives wonderful hugs. He wraps both front paws around an arm, a leg or a neck if you let him. He lays his face tight against whatever he's hugging. He learned this from his mother.

Little Bit, the puppies Mom gives the most excellent dog hugs. She sits next to me, looks up at me, leans into my chest with her snout against my neck and puts her paw on my leg or opposite shoulder. We've had many dogs and puppies over the years. Never have my hubby or I ever seen a dog give such great hugs.

Peanut - the big puppy - goes to give you a hug and gets distracted into licking every part of you he can reach. He is love on four huge puppy paws.

You'll see them at the Healing Porch. I'm glad you asked about this! Now many pets are arriving, sharing their healing powers with us. Thank you!