Moments of triumph - a celebration of the good moments

Started by Wife#2, May 22, 2017, 01:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

We spend a lot of time working to heal our selves. Either through therapy or this website or other things we are doing in our private lives.

Let's take a moment to celebrate the triumphs. Big or little. Moments that either made us proud of ourselves or showed us that we can and will overcome one day.

I just wrote about one in my journal. I won't repost it here. Besides, I do have more! And I'd love, love, love to hear about those moments when you knew that you did the right thing, that you surprised yourself with your abilities, that you look back upon and smile

Here we go:

I'm not known for being a good communicator. I'm, in fact, pretty poor at it. Sometimes, I have to FORCE myself to reach out. I'm not real sure where that comes from, but here is my 'overcome' moment.  A friend I work with has been struggling physically. I also happen to know that she's got cPTSD from a completely messed up childhood - though she has a good husband and a very good daughter. Stress in her life has put her out of commission, completely buckling to back pain. It stinks in every way and makes me sad for her. But, instead of sitting here wondering how she's doing, hoping she'd call me with an update, whatever, I reached out. I called her (knowing she might be ticked as she hates talking on the phone at home). I struggled past the possibility of upsetting my friend and being rejected.

It was so worth it! She's not doing well, but I was able to get her husband's truth rather than her minimalized version. AND, I was able to let her know how much I love her and miss her at work. My moment of triumph was doing what was right rather than what I was comfortable with. Validating my friend and showing her I care is worth way more than my fears of rejection. YES!

Your turn.....

clarity

How fabulous wife#2...  :cheer:  ...hope there have been more since!

Mine today ( a humungously crappy day overall stuck in EF) was being able to NOT binge eat, instead to have a cup of tea and one biscuit and delay lunch until I was truly hungry then enjoy it properly. 
I had a food addiction for 30 years. Been free for about 5 yrs...aware of it being retriggered ( the craving) since my lightbulb last week re NM, but so happy that its been a triumph.

Hope more people add to this thread...so important to post the ups!!!

Elphanigh

I really love this thread, it was a brilliant idea  :cheer:
Mine today was a few things I guess. I have the opposite food problem, so when I am stressed and triggered I don't eat. That is unhealthy in its own way certainly. So today I manage to eat full meals and not feel bad for them. I could tell my body was hungry for once, and not ignore it.

I also was able to give myself positive self talk today, which has been a real struggle recently.

Wife#2

My husband showed me yesterday that he gets it. He hears me.

For once in my life, I feel like my explaining what's going in inside me isn't received and reacted to as if it's just Wife#2 whining.

He made real efforts.

Sad to say, I don't trust it yet, that was just one day in a 13 year marriage. Still, I'm claiming it with hope and joy and thankfulness. Even one day is more than I expected or hoped for.