Re: The Potting Shed
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2019, 08:57:07 AM »
I've seen crocuses in my garden :cheer:

Blueberry

• Baby steps count!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2019, 10:35:14 AM »
Does March come in like a lion and go out like a lamb? Or is that April? I can't remember. Anyway there's been an awful lot of 'lion' here the past few days. But now it's all :sunny: though with a cold wind. Both the rain of the past few days and  :sunny: are good for the garden :)

Blueberry

• Baby steps count!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »
 :cheer: Dandelions and ground elder are up in the garden and I've just picked some! First harvest of the year :cheer: All of a sudden I'm feeling there's a reason to get out of bed.

Bach

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2019, 09:18:34 PM »
My backyard is in chaos this summer because of a just-completed garage remodel, but I did manage to get some veggies planted in the spring.  I've been overwhelmed by various other things going on in my life for the past several weeks, during which time we've had a lot of rain alternating with a lot of heat and sun, so weeds, bolting radishes, and millions of volunteer tomatoes are overtaking the beets, carrots and greens I've planted.  That situation is only going to get worse because my partner and I are leaving for a 5-day cruise on Saturday.  But meanwhile, the raspberries and blueberries are starting to fatten and ripen, I picked the first container-grown jalapeno yesterday, the broccoli is holding its own against the purslane, and the bee- and butterfly-friendly flowers all around the house and in the minimeadow up on the hill are bursting into glorious bloom.  Even on my most down day, going outside to say Hi to all my plant buddies and pollinator guests is good for a moment of joy and a sense of wonder.

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2019, 02:15:21 AM »
Bach, your garden sounds wonderful. Have fun on your cruise.

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2019, 02:25:30 AM »
Sounds nice have a safe trip!

Blueberry

• Baby steps count!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2019, 10:07:40 AM »
Your garden sounds lovely! I like to go out into our garden too and see what's growing and who's all flying around pollinating.  :)

Blueberry

• Baby steps count!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2019, 06:51:58 PM »
It snowed today and it's still lying white in the garden with bits of green sticking through. I wasn't prepared for it, but most of my plants are winter-hardy.

Tomorrow I'll be carting a bunch of branches away to the municipal garden refuse place before it closes for the winter. Then maybe I'll have time and/or energy to move piles of leaves around my roses and currant bushes to warm their bases a little for the winter.

Last weekend I collected a bit of harvest from somebody else's garden and finally cooked some of it up tonight: Jerusalem artichockes, aka sunchokes. I also planted a few in my garden in the hope that they will grow again. Each stem bears one flower, which looks like a sunflower but smaller and less resplendent. Still not a bad thing to have blooming in the garden. Will see next year whether it works.

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2019, 09:56:28 PM »
Snow! Happy memories  ;D