Hello...

Started by TimePassingBy, May 27, 2017, 03:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimePassingBy

Hello all:  I posted in the Storm forum as well since it seemed that the two are interrelated...Middle aged male here and have allowed myself to get into what I call an imperfect storm...

In summary...raised myself in a dysfunctional mom/pop family.  Both came from their dysfunctional families.  In terms of ptsd or cptsd terms, I was abandoned or I guess left to fin for myself; but my parents would not validate this and I'm not willing to address it at this late point in father's life.  Mother deceased.

Bullied as a kid for a myriad of causes...started with being a obese kid...tried to arrest it and ended up for the most art suffering from eating disorder...all untreated.  I feel as if I was in a war, and sometimes feeling remains same. Tried to get help earlier in life and just didn't click.  Currently back with psychologist and am on medication prescribed by a psychiatrist.

Happily married with outstanding family.  Some family issues triggered what I consider full-fledged breakdown.  Seeking help again.  Just very alone inside; have a relatively high-stressed job that is very rewarding but dealing with individual personalities difficult.

My upbringing left me a perfectionist, and that causes me a tremendous amount of triggers...so I move from fight, flight, freeze, and fawn on a regular basis.    Confusing part is that I know that I'm relatively respected but I cannot get my mind and heart to align.

Like I said, I'm just looking for a WAY to move through this and get on my feet.

mourningdove

Welcome, TimePassingBy!

Glad you are here. :)

Candid

Quote from: TimePassingBy on May 27, 2017, 03:09:31 PM
Some family issues triggered what I consider full-fledged breakdown. 

They have a way of doing that, don't they?

QuoteLike I said, I'm just looking for a WAY to move through this and get on my feet.

You're not alone any more, TimePassingBy. I'm glad you found us here and hope you'll get comfortable reading and posting.

Three Roses

You're definitely not alone! Older female, diagnosed with PTSD in my mid-50's, discovered Complex variety researching on my own - back on meds and going to therapy, again, but first time with this knowledge and outlook.

Never was able to work at the same place more than a few years at a time. Now in my early 60's and wondering why the * I waited so long to deal with all this.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for adding your voice to ours. :wave:

Candid

Quote from: Three Roses on May 28, 2017, 07:50:06 PM
Now in my early 60's and wondering why the * I waited so long to deal with all this.

Me too. It gets harder as we get older, doesn't it?

JamesG

54 here, I get it, we all do

you'll get there

x