Oversleeping due to medication: need tips

Started by GlassChild, June 01, 2017, 02:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassChild

I take 40 MG of Celexa, 7.5 mg of Remeron and 2mg of Prozasin twice a day. It's a miracle combo and I know that it has just done wonders for me and my personal life but I keep sleeping through all my alarms. Does anyone else deal with this issue? What are some ideas? I already have one of those crazy apps that just won't stop going off unless you do like five things, it doesn't seem to matter, I will just keep sleeping.

Dee

I could not tolerate Remeron or Prozasin.  Remeron wiped me out for one day, but I couldn't take it because of it.  My heart rate more than doubled on Prozasin. 

Boatsetsailrose

Hi glasschild I don't take the same drug but I know what you mean ...
Mornings are hard
How about one of those old fashioned alarms with a bell on they are really loud and would wake the dead :)
Or
Get someone to call you ?
I guess you've thought about changing the time you take it ?
Give it time I'd say and if it really doesn't improve it's either move life around to accommodate the not being able to wake up or poss to change/ reduce the medication

GlassChild

I have to use pretty simple/sweet alarms because it I become startled while waking up my entire day is off.

I don't have anyone I trust to call me every morning.

I am taking it about 8:30 at present. I fall asleep uncontrollably roughly 45 minute after I take it so if I take it much earlier I am going to go to sleep way early.

I suppose I will keep trying and see how it goes. It seems to do better if I take 1/2 every other day. I could try going down to a quarter I suppose. This morning I literally woke up by thinking, "hey, I know that noise." and then realizing it was my alarm clock that plays birds chirping.