Starting an anxiety

Started by Elphanigh, June 01, 2017, 07:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Hi all, I am just trying to see if anyone has experience with daily anxiety medication. I am starting one and am very nervous about it. I have been on a an anti-depressant for some of my symptoms but it is not really working for what I need it to do. My anxiety has shot through the roof and remained there for a really long time. I think it is the right choice, and I trust my psychiatrist but it is scary still because it is brand new to me.

Dee

What are you taking?  I have Cymbolta.  It helps but I also have visteral, as needed.  That helps too.

Elphanigh

Buspira, it is a daily. We decided with how my anxiety is that it is better to try to just get a daily one to try to bring the levels down consistently

Dee

I have not heard of that one.  Let me know how it is.

Elphanigh

Will do. So far I just notice some fuzziness about 40 minutes or so after I take it. That was to be expected though. Should get better

jennyjenny

Hi EIphanigh,

I was prescribed xanax 4x a day for a few years untiL I got sick and found out that it was not healthy for me. It's highly addictive as well.

I still take it "as needed" and it massively helps when I do (ESPECIALLY for the EF's). I like the idea of being able to work through trauma without the medication for myself, personally -  (although I have been on paxil / ssri for over 20 years - i have tried to get off multiple times but I am one of the very sensitive to medication people so I go into terrible withdrawls if I go too slow trying to get off of it.)

However, from what you have described of your current state, age, etc. I cannot give you advice but I will say that I hope it helps you , and when I was on xanax 4 times a day I was in a much worse emotional state, so I am positive that it helped me for the years I was on it.

I hope your medication makes your internal state more peaceful for you!

Elphanigh

Thank you jennyjenny,

I would like to be able to work on it myself too.. things are just too much right now. I have GAD on top of my C-ptsd and have never taken anything for it. I am hoping it helps for a while. It is not as altering as Xanax from what I got told so I am hopeful it won't be too much.

Will get off of it when I can get stable and in a place in life I won't risk getting sick if I don't have it.