Lonewolf's Intro

Started by lonewolf, March 08, 2015, 11:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf

:stars:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site, but just wanted to say this thread is the sign of the beginning of a great journey. The experiences and information that people have posted here really resonates with me. I am very early in my discovery of CPTSD. Over all my years of searching for answers, seeking therapy, etc. this "disorder" is the only one that seems to fit and speak so clearly to me. I came to it by taking the ACE test and then followed the markers to CPTSD. I have recently begun EMDR sessions with a psychologist and I'm trying to soak up as much information in this area as I can to begin the healing process. I've just bought Peter Walker's book and others which include The Last Best Cure by Donna Jackson Nakawa and The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk.

I never thought I had "flashbacks" until I read Peter's description of emotional flashbacks (I always thought that had to be visual). This explains so much about my seemingly "irrational" responses to certain moments or events. Additionally, the shared thoughts on "disassociation" are very useful as well. I "check out" a lot but I've always chalked it up to laziness and a lack of motivation. Thank you all for your insights.

I'm grateful to have found this forum and I look forward to learning from and sharing with you all.

Kizzie

Hi  :wave: and a warm welcome to OOTS Lonewolf!  :hug:   I moved your topic to this forum so that members would see it more readily and add their welcome.

For some of us sometimes it's really "a long and winding road" to finally figuring out that we have CPTSD and to find treatment and support, but you found us and we're glad you did!  :yes:

It sounds like you done some reading already and have figured out that you experience emotional flashbacks and dissociation - hopefully that has helped or been somewhat of a relief, not as irrational as it feels when you don't know what's happening and why.

Looking forward to hearing more about you!   :hug:

lonewolf

Thank you for the welcome Kizzie! My apologies for posting it in the wrong spot and very appreciative of you moving it here. 

:wave: to you all.

Kizzie

No problem at all Lonewolf, I just wanted to make sure members see your intro as sometimes posts get buried in the other forums  ;D

lonewolf

Hi BeHea1thy,

I love your name too, it sounds like a good mantra! Originally I was going to use black sheep, then decided that lone wolf was more apropos. I do kind of just dive right in once something feels right.

Thank you for your warm welcome. :hug:  I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning about each person's journey. There is a wealth of love, acceptance and knowledge here. Cheers to you.

chiraheally

A big welcome from me too! 

Chira

hugo

Lonewolf

I'm with you on the flashbacks - I never knew what was happening.  I'm also with you on the dissociation.  It is amazing to find something that fits so well and explains so much.  Take care.