Anxious Thoughts & How to Deal

Started by CrayZeeRaids, June 11, 2017, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrayZeeRaids

Depression is something I've lived with for over 8 years but anxiety has never really been a major impactor on my mental health. Recently though I have been feeling anxious to the point of shortness of breath, clenching up, and flashbacks. On days that I don't have much going on it seems like these episodes occur every 10-15 minutes as different thoughts enter my head. On days that I work or spend time with other people they only happen 3-4 times a day. I try to talk myself through them, breathing, or distracting myself but it's a bit unnerving to have them happen so frequently when I never experienced them before. I don't know if there are specific ways to help deal with sudden and intense anxious episodes but any insight would be helpful.

Dee

Sounds like you are doing everything right.  The best thing I can advise is to use your five senses.  This really works, it took me time to believe it and try it.  I like essential oils.  I have them with a diffuser and I also have roll on lavender for emergencies.  A mint will help with taste.  I listen to imagery as well. 

When I have overwhelming anxiety, first I breathe, then essential oils, then hold a fuzzy blanket.  It's okay to have these moments, just coping with them in a healthy way is key.  I can't control it, but I can control what I do.  I'm doing a lot better than I use to when I would drink or hurt myself.

alchemist

Until I started connecting with my traumatized younger self I had the same. Once I began talking to my Inner Child and Nurturing myself, I understood why I was panicking and could then Breathe and Love myself through them.  That's what I am able to impart.<3