"moving out" board?

Started by tea-the-artist, June 27, 2017, 02:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tea-the-artist

just a board suggestion under the treatment/recovery section. perhaps a "Moving Out" board? i know it definitely falls under the "success/progress" category, but it could be beneficial to have it's own place, with one main topic on tips for staying focused on moving out or resources for moving out of an abusive home.

it's very personal for me i suppose considering i'm in an urgent situation, but i think i would have found it helpful months ago. having a spot where we are able to get and give encouragement and remembering our self worth. the pros and cons.

even just having it mostly be folks' Moving Out Stories would be really inspiring to have in one place. i thought also about a smaller "move out journal" whether you're in the process of trying to moving out or have moved out and working on staying moved out, but that could be a bit redundant as there's already recovery journals.

just a thought though :Idunno:

Kizzie

Hey Tea - That's interesting you bring this up as I was just reading another post by a member who is moving on from a relationship and was asking for others to share their experiences.  We do have to be cognizant of the size of the board but moving on from/out of abusive/traumatic situations whether that be parents, a romantic relationship, workplace, etc., is a difficult issue for most of us so ot would likely be quite relevant for a lot of members. 

What about a "Moving On/Out" sub-forum?  What do others think? Is there a better name we could use?

songbirdrosa

I think it's a great idea! It could be a real help in getting through the stresses that come with moving on, both emotionally and physically. I'll be moving to a new city myself in the next few months, so it'd be great to have that there.

Kizzie

Thanks songbird for your feedback    :thumbup:   As always, I'll leave this open for a bit so others can weigh in if they wish. 

tea-the-artist

hey kizzie that would be really great! honestly any place dedicated to the subject of moving out would be amazing to see!

Kizzie

OK Tea, I'll just give this until the end of the weekend in case anyone wants to comment/weigh in. 

Kizzie

Lingurine

Splendid, because people who are moving out can support each other and exchange ideas to move forward.  :thumbup: maybe you can replace another board (where people post less) when you think there are too many boards or there is an overlap. Just an idea.

Lingurine

Kizzie

After a bit of a think about to where to put this forum, I realized it is such an issue for most of us that it could use it's own forum.   The new forum is here - http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?board=225.0

Tea, tk you for suggesting it  :thumbup:

tea-the-artist

:cheer: :cheer: yay!! how exciting!!  :cheer: :cheer: thank you kizzie!

Kizzie

You are most welcome Tea  :hug: