EMDR and crying

Started by Eyessoblue, July 03, 2017, 12:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

I had another session of EMDR today and cried a lot (really unusual for me) just found the memories so intense, couldn't process the whole trauma as I kept on zoning out but will continue this one next week, feeling very tired and emotional so off for a sleep as my therapist insists I have.  I will get through this no matter how hard it is.

Candid

Thanks for the update, Eyessoblue. It sounds very tough, but no therapy is worse.

Well done for sticking with the program.  :cheer: Your brain is being rewired, so let it rest as much as you need to.  :hug:

songbirdrosa

All the best to you, I truly hope it goes well. It's a difficult process, but remember that metal is refined in fire. You'll come out so much shinier and more resilient for your efforts.  :yes:

Eyessoblue

Thank you so much for both of your encouraging words.

Dee

I cried and cried every single time.  Not a small, a few tears cry, the sobbing, entire body shaking type of cry.  That is a way of processing it, to cry and grieve what needs to be felt.  You are working hard, good job!

Eyessoblue

Thank you Dee, I think this is the first time I've really felt present with it all, but I know it's a good thing. How are you doing? I hope you're ok?

sanmagic7

eyessoblue, that crying thing is exhausting for sure, and i give you so much credit for doing the work, walking the walk, and going back for more cuz you know it's what needs to be done.

before i knew about any of this, i sensed that i needed to cry, but didn't know how to on my own.  in mexico, i found a healer who would massage my legs.  that was so painful, i burst into sobs.  no one knew what was going on, including me - i just knew that it was what i needed.  i kept going back, kept putting myself thru that pain in order to get those tears out.

i now know that i'm suffering from fibromyalgia, which is why things like even gentle massage would bring me to tears.  however, by continually going back, there has been a tremendous improvement over the years.  i trusted my gut without any intellectual knowledge, and i'm glad i did.  so much poison was released from my body thru those tears.  it sounds like you're doing the same thing.

kudos to you for staying with it.  yes, rest, rest, my dear.  those tears are cleansing you to your very bone.  you can be very proud of yourself.   big hug.

Eyessoblue

SanMagic, that is an incredible story thank you for sharing that and thank you for your kind words.

Dee

Eyessoblue - I'm doing well.  Thank you for asking.