The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

Oh dear - do you mind if I bring all my dogs I've ever had? Don't worry, they'll mostly be down on the beach running and playing with each other, and when they do come up to the porch they'll be magically clean, and very well-behaved. There will be Bruno, Molly, Licorice (who had/has a black tongue), Boomerang, Niki, and Ben. Ben is especially helpful because he has cptsd too! He'll curl up with you when you're sad. He has the best hugs! And his eyes are so loving.

Wife#2

We don't mind a bit! On the Healing Porch, all are welcome. And, since it's magic, no allergies!

Step on up here, Three Roses. If you'd like, join us in a toast to Elphanigh - our latest reason to celebrate!

Relax in the rocker, chair, swing of your choice. Wrap up in a blanket of welcome and ease. Thank you for stopping by and bringing the pack with you!

:rundog: :rundog: :rundog: 

Elphanigh

All of you have made me smile so much! My beautiful friends on this forum,  you are all so good to me. It astounds me a bit everyday

sanmagic7

i will join the toast, elphanigh, but i'll stick to pink lemonade.  i've got to honor my alcoholism, even in a magical place.  still, i raise a glass to you, and to you wife2 for this lovely idea, and to all the rest of you joining in this caring, healing place.  it's the best.  i'm on my rocker with a flower in  my hair, just smiling at and with all the rest of you.

Kat

Aww...I'm so in for this!  It sounds like the loveliest of places.  I'm not sure which blanket to choose just now.  I think I'll take a barefoot walk around and meet all of the animals.  My cat Shaun who passed a couple of years ago has made his way to the porch and is dozing in the shade.  If you listen carefully, you'll hear him snoring.  He's a crossed-eyed, so don't be surprised if he bumps into things.  He'll be fine once he's used to where everything is.  He's the kindest little gentleman and loves a good belly rub. 

The cupcakes were amazing, and so are all of you here!

Elphanigh

San, Thank you for joining in the toast. Also for honoring yourself and choosing pink lemonade. I might share that with you this morning. It sounds great for such a hot day here.

Kat, I am so glad you found this forum and the healing porch. Your cat sounds truly adorable.

I spent my day away from the porch yesterday, and really buckled in to do some life things. I am going to spend a bit of time walking down by the water today, and playing in it some. I think the warm healing sun is something I deserve today. Accepting is hard work, so a bit of play and relaxation is perfect

sanmagic7

this is the best place with the best people.  EVER!!! 

i love the magic that brings us all together here.  one of my mantras over the years has been 'trust the magic'.  it will never let us down, and will be here for anyone wanting to believe.  yummy cupcakes!  what a lovely idea.  this must be what heaven is like.

Elphanigh

Thanks so much for making this place magical. I can't stay on the porch today, but for anyone that needs them I am dropping off some of my favorites for the day. My special blueberry muffins, minty coffee (warm or cold), as well as decaf green tea with lemon and honey for anyone that doesn't like coffee  :hug:

Have good day on the porch with my kitty today

Blueberry

Even if FOO got onto here somehow, I think it's pretty unlikely that they'd read this thread, so I feel safe to post what my animals are that are joining us. My guinea pigs. I have 3, and they'll be sitting on the lawn in their run, eating. Sometimes they'll race around as well. They can be fun to watch. Not so interested in other people if they don't know them. If they hear anything that sounds like plastic bags crinkling or people chopping vegetables, they'll get very excited and squeak loudly for attention. In that case they don't care who it is, they just want the food.

The run will have a magical physical repellent which simply won't allow any curious cats' paws to poke through or dogs to jump onto the top.

I'll also be bringing the dog we had when I was a teenager. In some years she was the only member of the family who greeted me nicely instead of yelling at me about my appearance or my character or all that kind of stuff. She also caressed me the way dogs do, by licking me. She knew my body hurt with psychosomatic pain and she'd lick my legs for instance, or my arms. She was a black Lab and for our purposes here I'll call her Blacky. She'll understand. She'll love to run down onto the beach too and play in the surf, and play with the other dogs and even try to make friends with the cats.

Meanwhile I might be sitting in a quiet corner doing my trauma-processing. And then after that I might do a little work in the garden with san. Or just look at and smell what's growing. I'd like some rose bushes, especially wild ones, they smell so good.

Elphanigh

I may have left the house this morning an hour earlier, and got my goal of working some overtime this week... but my determination for that is waning. I realized in that great accomplish I forgot my meds.. which has resulted in this great crash at work.

I think  I am going to join you all on the porch when I get back. Hopefully there is a magical hammock by the tress where I can enjoy a cat nap before getting back to doing things zzzzzzzzz

Wife#2

OH, we could do a potted rose garden! My mother had one a few years back for her big porch. They looked wonderful.

I will plant some wild roses, some Abraham Lincoln roses - those are stunning, especially in early morning or late afternoon light. Thank goodness this porch is magical! The pots are huge, but they sit nicely along the concrete bannister.

I will also plant a peace lily. At least on the magical porch they may still bloom after the first year.

On the beach side, between the ocean and the porch, there is a fire pit. One of the sitting logs around the pit is actually plastic and has a compartment inside. The compartment will always be full of working pens/pencils/crayons and paper.

From time to time, I will be seen going to the writers' log. I will write down some memory or feeling that I need to forgive or end or close. Once written, I will dash it into the fire, releasing it at last.

Afterwards, I will treat myself with a hug with my son (hopefully, one day husband) and with the telling of a happy memory.

If, sometimes, you see me smiling on the porch and my smile looks a little sad, it's ok. I'm clarifying my thoughts and feeling all of my feelings. I'll soon be able to let the sad, painful ones go. Not that I'll ever forget, not completely. But, that the emotions will lose their power over me. I will still feel all of my emotions, just not in the blinding, binding way I sometimes do now. I'll be down by the fire soon.

My cat Punkin will be joining us. He's white & orange and all male (except that he's fixed). He helped me get through high school. He's a great listener and is generous with his 'mark you/love you' rubs.

Oh - Elphanigh, I'm so sorry that happened! Yes, of course there is a hammock. Which two trees do you see you'd like it between?

Elphanigh

Wife2 that fire sounds amazing. This place is wonderful that you are helping create so much. I am truly glad you started this.

It's okay,I was just sleepy and didn't even think about it. I think it is due to the extra hours I have worked, and the fact I have had some obligation to be somewhere every night since Monday... Will get a break come Wednesday, just not until then.

For now, I think the trees that bloom the peaceful white flowers would be a perfect spot for a hammock. Those grow out here a lot, and remind me of some of my favorite spots to just sit and be still in college

Wife#2

I'd love to see the white flowers you see. Yes, between them. That is the home of your hammock.

By the way, I'm in the land of Magnolia trees. None are right by the porch - the leaves are HUGE and a hassle. But, they're in the tree line just past the lawn. And the middle branches are still blooming. I've got my long-handled hook and I'm going to pull down those branches until I can reach and pluck those blooms. Then, I'm setting them in a shallow bowl of water. They'll scent the front porch with a lovely, thick, beautiful fragrance for at least a couple of days.

It's too late in the season to plant tomatoes, sadly, IRL. But, here on our healing porch, I've planted three plants. We won't need more. On magical porches, the bugs and worms won't damage our plants.

Peace to all my friends tonight. You have been prayed over. You are loved.  :bighug:

Elphanigh

They are beautiful small, soft blooms all over the tree. They remind me a bit of the Japanese trees that grow with the small pink flowers. living in the Midwest has it's perks, the plant life can be so beautiful.

I love your plan for those blooms, they will smell beautiful. Also I meant to tell you how much I love the healing lillies you planted. Lillies are my favorite (I have a tattoo actually) the bring such brightness in my life sometimes. I could smell them for hours.

The tomatoes will be so wonderful. We should also have a plum tree. I can take care of that one :)

Thank you for the peace, friend. It means the world  :hug: :hug:

Elphanigh

I am going to hang out in here today. With a warm mocha on the porch and a blanket of safe feelings. Maybe some love on a cat or two, and when I feel better playing with the dogs. Today is hard and healing porch is going to be my safe place, if anyone wants to join me, I would love the hug or someone just to sit next to.