The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Dropping by to say hello. I used part of this porch in an imagery today, where all versions of me could feel safe.

San, I will carve a pumpkin too and drink some warm tea for a bit of Halloween.

sanmagic7

yay!  jack o lanterns on the porch tonite.  how very cool.   my very favorite costume that i ever wore was - i covered myself in a pink sheet and taped a flip flop to the top.  know what i was?  a piece of bubble gum stuck to the bottom of someone's shoe.  giggle giggle giggle. 

Elphanigh

Haha I love that San  :) perfect costume. My mom made a princess jasmine costume for me one year. It was my favorite because I always thought she was so strong and feirce. A princess I could actually get behind

Combine59

I'd like to join in the porch fun too. As a kids I vacationed in Maine at an old house that looked like a haunted house with a big wrap around porch. We got up early, went to check out the tidal pools down the road and came back with blueberries picked on the side of the road to make blueberry pancakes. After breakfast with all the cousins everyone rode their bikes and tricycles around the house. Thanks for helping me remember a good point from childhood 🙂

sanmagic7

hey, combine, welcome to the porch.

i'm gonna be here for a bit, healing.  i need to relax from trying to rush myself into being better.  it's only been a week, for crying out loud.  i'm expecting myself to be all ok already.

i will sit in my rocker, a blanket of healing wrapped around me, flowers next to me, maybe a necklace made of some, a daisy chain perhaps.  lemon tea, lemonade as the spirit moves me.  being with you all, enjoying you and your energy.  it's all healing here, and magic.

Elphanigh

Therapy kicked my tail irl today...

I am going to be here for a while today, probably with my nose in a book. I welcome company though, I just need a peaceful place to rest after such an intense session. You all are such a safe, warm group to spend my time with. Thank you for that.

If anyone wants tea, or coffee (that magically doesn't make you jittery) let me know. I am making some for myself, and would love to help others with that.

Sceal

Hey Elphanigh, therapy kicked my butt today too. I'd happily join you on the porch. I want to be covered up in a warm blanket that magically takes away all my physical pain.  If you have any spiced apple-chili tea that would be great.

Wife#2

Don't let me startle anyone. I've been around, quiet, listening. I have soaked up the love and caring of each other like a cactus in a spring shower.

All of you, even our new friends, have been in my heart and on my mind. I'm sorry that I'm not in a place to participate much, but I hope that is coming. Soon.

When you hear a whisper on a breeze, settle back in and be calm. It's just me saying, 'Thank you' to you for being you and for being here.

I'm on the Ocean side of the porch, listening to the waves crash against the sand. Their heartbeat rhythm soothing to my soul. The salt in the air helps me breathe and reconnect with Mother Earth. I'm enjoying a hammock with one hand draped over the side, fingers drawing nothing in the sand. My blanket is courage. My drink is wisdom. I will be here a while.

If I don't speak, please don't be offended. I'm deep inside my own head right now. My social butterfly wings have been soaked in tears and need time to dry. I will return. I also want to reassure each of you that you matter. You are precious to me and you are a delight to my soul. Thank you for your friendship.

Elphanigh

Sceal, I definitely have that type of tea for you. It is the perfect temperature to drink all the time. This place is truly magical

Wife#2, take the time for peace in that hammock. I am glad to know you are here, and understand if you  are unable to participate much. I am in much the same place recently. Just participating in tiny bits as I can. You are welcome, loved, adored, and cared for here. I am so glad to call you my friend.

The ocean side of the porch is my favorite as well, I hope it is giving you the peace you need. If I can do anything let me know, I don't have a lot to give right now but am happy to do what I can.

woodsgnome

I'm alone most of the time most days. That's nice, but the energy gets stale; at least lately that's been the case. It's also what I don't need right now; it just reinforces the lonely side.

So I'm off to the healing porch; I'm not seeking anyone's presence there, but I know the energy of all  who've visited there will be abundant, and that will be plenty for me. I want to absorb the love you leave for others sharing the journey.

I won't see you, but I'll leave this note as a thank you. Thanks for being here, whenever it was you came by; as I sense your strength, honesty and courage--it will be more than enough to get me through. And, always--I want to soak up the peace that you've generously left here for others.

Here--beside the note I'm leaving un unlit  candle--please light it if you need; and let its light glow as a token of friendship from someone who needed this place today. I am so grateful it is here. Maybe make a wish as you blow it out, and leave it for someone else who might need it, too.

Blueberry

Just dropping by the healing porch. Sitting in a corner in front of a hot stove, watching the snow floating down. I'm wrapped up in a very warm blanket too, covering me from top to toe. It's important for me to stay grounded and keep re-grounding when I'm making progress. Otherwise I tend to trip myself up, do self-sabotaging. Coming on to the healing porch can remind me to re-ground.

Elphanigh

I need to sit in this place today. Just feeling a lot of grief and pain today. Wanted to stop by here before therapy today to find peace and a sense of calm.

I am going to sit over looking the water in a blanket of comfort and tranquility. Maybe even walk the shore a bit to get closer to the water, it has always been a home for me.

Elphanigh

Definitely hiding out here tonight. I need a safe space tonight. Today's session qas particularly difficult and have had to calm down two rather big triggers.

I am going to sit in a corner over looking everything, where it feels safe. A blanket of comfort and reassurance. Just nice and quiet with nothing else going on. I need complete calm

Elphanigh

I have been using this space a lot this week. Today I will be here on and off, I work but I need a safe mental space to go to when that gets difficult today.

I am going to hang out on the porch with a cup of tea, and a good book. Sitting curled up in a rocking chair that over looks the water. I think this time of day it is possible to enjoy a bit of sunrise while it is left. Thank you all for making this such a safe place to go

Blueberry

Having written a long post on realisations about M and her treatment of me, I'd better come and sit here for a bit. Hm, I'll have a look in woodsgnome's box of healing tools or maybe no I have my own Life Basket with me. So I can take my little wooden animals in my fingers so that massages my fingers and gets them moving again. I have a little tiny bottle of perfume to smell and then there's the picture of people dancing around and making wild moves to music to remind me to listen to music and move to it, to get back into my body. And not dissociate. Takes break to get up and dance to music.  :cheer: