The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candid

I've been very quiet here too, lately, sort-of skulking in a dark corner cuddled up with Pippy and listening to what you all are saying.

Quote from: Wife#2 on July 20, 2017, 09:01:40 PM
Comfort, love, worth, beauty - these are the themes on the porch today.

Nice. I know it's okay for me to cry here, with those who understand.

sanmagic7

holding your hand while the tears come, candid.  i'll probably join in.  learning of my imperfections is part of the grieving process for me.  it's good to be here. 

texannurse

Can I join the porch? I'm alone and scared and need to not be alone.
Texannurse

Elphanigh

Definitely come join us all. There are so many wonderful possibilities. I will sit with you or play games etc.  :hug: :hug:

texannurse

That sounds nice! I like this porch idea. It's good to just step away from it all and relax sometimes. Trauma has taken so much of my life, i want to learn to start keeping some for myself - and not feel guilty about that. Right now I'm sitting by the fan - it's HOT where I live!
Texannurse

Lingurine

Stretching my legs and hold my dear cat Bobbie close to me, I had to leave him today, so he needs comfort. I took him from the care asylum five years ago. He had lived there for five years and was in really bad shape. He scratched his fur open and was in so much distress. We saved him from that life and he saved us and developed as a beautiful, life loving companion. It took years before his C PTSD left his body and mind a little and he is a happy go lucky child now.
Like us all, he will hold his past in his body forever, but he has lots of hope for recovery.

So, I cuddle him and stare at the see with him.

Lingurine

Blueberry

Quote from: Wife#2 on July 21, 2017, 01:04:24 PM
Blueberry, that sounds wonderful. May I get you anything? Your favorite beverage, snack? Some of this lovely fresh fruit?

Thank you so much for the offer, Wife#2, but I'm quite happy just rocking gently to and fro in my hammock. When I remember to think of it IRL I have a nice sense of rocking. Not a disturbing sense. I know that I'm not actually rocking, it's more like a memory of rocking.

Wife#2

TexasNurse - of course you are welcome. Here, we have allowed all of our favorite pets to join us, so that we are never alone. They don't have to be walking Earth to be welcome here. That is part of the joy of this magical, healing porch. Bring your favorites, whatever they are. We'll keep them healthy and/or stocked (pets healthy, food/beverage/games stocked).

We have hopscotch and jump rope and a playground for the inner children to relax and be safe while they play. We have various blankets warmed to just the right comfort temperature for you to wrap yourself.

I may not post every day (I only post at work, and that's getting tougher lately), but my mind and heart are often here. I enjoy being granted the pleasure of helping others here. So, join us, please!

We let our journals and other post threads handle the hard stuff. Here is where we come to be with others in quiet or noisy community. The joy of magic is that it can be both as everyone needs. We welcome you. How may I help you feel calmer and safer today?  :bighug:

Elphanigh

I am going to hang out here today for a while too. It is a hard one this morning. There are just a lot of feelings, and I can't sit with them all today. I think the hammock with my favorite journal, some nice coffee (that won't make me jittery in this magical place) and some homemade scones are perfect today.

Then maybe a walk down by the water just to have some time to breathe and feel at peace. Away from everything that is going on for now.

Kat

Wife#2--You are wicked good at hopscotch!  So fun to laugh so hard and just goof.  I can see why you called dibs on the smooth, black stone.  It feels nice in the hands.

I'm feeling a bit like being alone today, but not too far from the action.  I'm going to my favorite spot up in the strong, old oak.  Its strength comforts me.  And sometimes, it's almost like I can feel it breathe with me helping to calm me.  The bark at the spot I like most has been worn smooth.  It's nice to run my hand back-and-forth on it.  It's nice and cool to the touch.  There's a gentle breeze blowing.  I love wind and breezes.

Steve, the most boisterous and naughty squirrel of the bunch, is actually quiet today.  I can see him up high above me keeping himself occupied with a nut.  He just gave me the most adorable wink.  It's like he knows what I need today. 

It's so nice to just lean against this old tree that's seen so much and offered so much and just swing my legs.  You all look so peaceful and content down there.  Texannurse, I'm so glad you found that shady spot out of the sun where you can cool down.  I'll join you all in a bit.  For now, I'd just like to sit here swinging my legs.  See you soon.

texannurse

Wife#2 - I don't know what appeals to me more, just swinging on the porch swing doing nothing or sitting in the corner, with good book.... It's nice here. Calm and quiet. I can just be. It's quiet, maybe everyone is inside taking a nap.  ;)

Texannurse

Elphanigh

I am going to come here today. I think this is a magical place where I can rest until the symptoms of withdraw subside. I will hang out in my hammock, between the flowering trees that are even more beautiful this time of year. I have a nice breeze to feel, and a warm cup of coffee with the perfect balance between the espresso taste and a bit of vanilla to calm the soul. Also it magically does not make any of my symptoms worse.

Napping after that cup of coffee with my little Thalia will be perfect today. This place is a great mental space away from everything going on.

Wife#2

I'm at the porch today as well. I'm lighting some incense to waft through the house and over the porch and yard. It's two sticks, jasmine and lavender.

I think we could all use the relaxing notes today. So, hello, comforting odors, hello comforting blankets. I'm tuckered out from that fun game of Hopscotch - I forgot I wiggle so much at my age! Phooey to gravity. I'm going to stretch out with the rocking chair and ottoman. Seeing each of you relaxing and enjoying the peace of this healing porch is actually helping as much as the blankets!

Oh, my DS is curled up in my lap, all 80 pounds of him. Today, it's my son who is bringing me comfort more than anything or anyone else. He's a chatter, so unless you want an hour long conversation about the benefits of certain weapons in certain video games, let this sleeping boy lie.

Three Roses

Your son and I can go play video games together! We'll talk about the benefits of a longbow as opposed to a recurve, and whether or not to apply fire magic. :D

Elphanigh

Wife2 and Three Roses, I would gladly speak with him about the benefits of certain weapons over others in games. I have played quite a few and love getting to be nerdy in that way. It doesn't happen often.

I love the lavender and jasmine Wife2. It is so perfect for today. I hope you continue to find comfort in this porch, and all of us being here together trying to heal and be calm.