Meditation
EFT
Breathing
Self soothing and compassion (but often i can't
Writing
Yoga

sigiriuk

Quote from: Three Roses on July 13, 2017, 02:26:48 PM
Telling myself, "I am here, it is now, I'm not there anymore, I have rights & the power to assert myself now."

It seems so simple, but I had some difficulty with it at first....very powerful "mantra".

arale

I will be going into a situation where I will be triggered. I would like to prepare myself for the effects of the flashback. I'm kind of looking for provisions that could help me survive the storm. Does anyone have particular advice on things I should collect / prepare that can help me before I hunker down to weather the storm? Thx

Northman

I use the one where I say the date, the place, what building, what rom and in what chair im sitting. And then I describe 3 different objects I see, how they would feel. It it don`t work the first time, I do it again.

I have also tried an exercise where you go to an armor shop. It`s a shop where you can by anything you want that can protect you from anything. You will have to describe any piece of armor you buy. Like I`m putting on this glove in black smooth leather that protects me from "my mothers idea that....", my families belifes that I I`m a insane etc.

PaperDoll

How do I cope with triggers?

Negative: avoidance, isolating myself, drinking alcohol and caffeine, being irritable

Positive: yoga, tapping, going out for a walk, listening to music, progressive muscle relaxation, drinking water or herbal tea, peppermint lozenges, setting myself small goals, doing household chores, tidying my environment, asking for help

Little2Nothing

I try to distract myself with reading. Also, watching a good TV show.
I'm horrible at self soothing.
But the biggest help is petting, playing with, and talking to my dogs.

Marianne

-Herbs like saffron.
-Essential oils like oregano or lavender.
-Being around safe people.
-Avoiding unsafe people.
-Forgiveness.
-Prayer.
-Music.
-Avoiding certain foods like dairy, msg, additives, coffee. Clean diet.
-Avoiding unsafe action, like lashing out or reading about trauma.
-Walking it out.
-Sauna, I discovered today.
-Lying in bed under blankets with heating high just waiting it out.
-Positive spiritual quotes.