EMDR finding the in between time difficult

Started by Eyessoblue, July 17, 2017, 03:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candid

Quote from: sanmagic7 on July 20, 2017, 08:12:09 PM
you're really the only one who knows you, your self, and what's best, what is working, what isn't. 

We're the experts in our own lives unless and until someone can point out our blind spots in a way that's acceptable to us. I'll always be grateful to the therapists who pointed out that my mother was cruel and neglectful, and only my own loyalty and loving heart kept me going back to Try Again with her.

Eyessoblue, you've got a good one there. And you've always got us for the in-between times.  :hug:

audrey73

I have been  in EMDR for a few months now. It's really difficult in between sessions. I try to listen to a lot of podcasts in between sessions, like Tara Brach or  Jack Kornfield, to help me feel more grounded.

Eyessoblue

Pebbles

Hi, I liked your post, I use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5D03LP7SKA which always helps me.  I start the 3 minutes feeling agitated, and by the end of the video, I feel restless and bored and so I know that particular issue has been resolved.  I'm not saying it will definitely help you, have never tried with a therapist so have no comparison sorry.  I hope you are feeling at least a bit better soon, it is hard to deal with.

Eyessoblue

Hi Pebbles, thank you. I have been advised by my psychologist not to do any of these self administered EMDR sessions all because of needing to be properly grounded and to make sure what else that may come up I can handle which to be honest with you, I don't feel I could probably handle it on my own and I'm glad of her support and advice sitting next to me making me feel safe, I don't think I would feel safe if I was to do this on my own. I hope you're doing ok?

Blueberry

Quote from: Eyessoblue on August 24, 2017, 01:33:52 PM
I have been advised by my psychologist not to do any of these self administered EMDR sessions all because of needing to be properly grounded and to make sure what else that may come up I can handle which to be honest with you, I don't feel I could probably handle it on my own and I'm glad of her support and advice sitting next to me making me feel safe, I don't think I would feel safe if I was to do this on my own.

:thumbup: :thumbup: for you Eyessoblue for being able to feel that you couldn't handle EMDR yet on your own and that your T's presence and advice make you feel safe. There may come a time when you can process on your own. I'm starting to process on my own with a different method from EMDR but it's taken me a long time to get to this stage. Anyway the really good thing is that you can feel or sense what you need.

Eyessoblue

Pebbles

Eyessoblue I thought that might be the case, I hope you will bear it in mind for later when I believe you will be in a better state.  I think I am doing ok thank you, although at one stage it was very very bad.  I have been working on it for years without having a name for it, but only changed my phone number and went unlisted a couple of months ago,  which is to say,  I got away from my family, which has made a huge difference.  I say this not to hijack, but in the hopes it will encourage you :)

Eyessoblue

Thank you pebbles it does, that was a brave move getting away from your family but you need to do what's right for you.