Little songbird has a tune to sing

Started by songbirdrosa, July 20, 2017, 02:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

songbirdrosa

So this is a new thing. I was inspired by a post written by clarity to let my inner child have a say. So I imagined myself sitting beside her and and letting her talk. I didn't really have an end goal in mind, I just wanted to get to know her. By context clues, she seems to be about seven years old. The following is unedited by adult me, apart from censoring the names of my two brothers.

Hi.

I'm sorry you're sad. Did I do something wrong? Mummy gets mad at me too when I do something wrong. Do you want to cuddle one of my Snoopys? We can share them. I've got lots. I can read you one of my fairy books too. I'm the best reader in my class. My teacher told me that she's going to give me a new workbook because I finished the other one already. It's a year 3 book. Sorry I'm talking about me too much. Granny says it's rude to talk about yourself all the time. You're very quiet. Can I keep talking then? Mummy and Daddy don't like it when I'm noisy so I play outside. There's a rock at the top of the hill that I climb on and pretend it's a stage. I like singing. It's really fun. Hope follows me sometimes and we play on the rock together. She's my dog. I picked her because she's the smallest like me. She likes to lick people. Daddy doesn't like being licked. He's not home this week. Mummy says he's at work but he'll be back soon. [ J ] was sick again last week so Mummy had to go to hospital with him. He gets sick a lot. He can't eat meat because of it. He can't get too excited either. [ T ] plays with me sometimes. He likes to play pretending games. He's a lot bigger than me. I'll be big one day too. Are you ok now? You're a good listener. People don't listen to me much. They tell me I should be quiet. I'll give you a hug before I go. It was nice talking to you.  :hug:

clarity

Songbird... I am so happy that my post was a catalyst for this!  Little songbird's words are so beautiful- I hope she will talk more to you this way.  I'm interested to know how you are feeling after doing this process.... love to you both  ( little clarity adores snoopy too!)

:hug:

texannurse

Songbird -  :hug:

So glad you were able to find her and comfort her. I hope you can connect with her often. I tried this a couple of times, but never found my inner me. Hoping this gives me inspiration to try again.

Texannurse

songbirdrosa

Texannurse, thank you. I hope too that you find something that works and helps you to connect with your inner self.

Clarity, I feel like I'm a little more sure of my own mind now. I think that in order to really find who I am now, I need to look back on who I was before all the hurt as a foundation. I hope that this was the first step in doing that :)