Experiences with CPTSD QUESTIONAIRE

Started by serene_irene, July 27, 2017, 08:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serene_irene

Hi, I am new here.
I am a 25 year old female and only recently felt strongly like I may have CPTSD. I have basically all the symptoms and experiences that correlate.

I am curious what everyone here's experience with CPTSD is like. I've created questions to help break it down. Feel free to answer any/all/some of these.

1. What were some of the traumatic events in your life which led to CPTSD? How prolonged were these events?

2. How does CPTSD effect romantic partnerships? How does it effect your ability to form lasting friendships?

3. How does CPTSD effect your every day stress levels? How does it effect your goal oriented motivation?

4. What is your MBTI type? (if you know it)

Thank you! It'd mean a lot for you to answer and would be super duper helpful.
Also any in-depth resources you have would be much appreciated.

Three Roses

Hello and welcome. What is your reason for wanting the answers to this questionnaire? Are you a student? What were your childhood/adult experiences and what symptoms of CPTSD are the most troublesome for you?

This forum is to focus on personal growth and recovery. Looking forward to hearing more from you
:heythere:

Lingurine

My thoughts exactly, hope to hear what you might answer to those questions.
Welcome  :heythere:

Lingurine

serene_irene

The reason I ask these questions is to be able to see how well I can relate. They aren't for any study or research just personal reasons.  I also wanted to interact with the community and get to know people a little.

serene_irene

Quote from: Three Roses on July 27, 2017, 09:13:14 PM
What were your childhood/adult experiences and what symptoms of CPTSD are the most troublesome for you?

I appreciate you asking me. I do plan to answer this question, but I will probably make a separate post to go in depth about it.

Lingurine

serene_irene, Thank you for explaining. To interact with others, it might be a good idea to just ask one question at a time and answer your own question first. I'm sure people will follow after that.

Lingurine

serene_irene

I don't see what is wrong with asking questions. I said that you didnt have to answer all of them. And if no one wants to answer, that's fine.
But I feel like you are pressuring me and criticizing me simply for trying to engage the community. I understand you're trying to be nice about it, but it hurts my feelings.
I don't mind at all if no one responds at all, but I dont see what's the harm in asking questions.

Hope66

Hello serene_irene,

I just wanted to recommend the book by Pete Walker called 'Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving'- that has been one of my main resource books for helping me with the 'complex PTSD' symptoms. 

You've written a range of questions, and it makes me think you've done a lot of reading and research already - so apologies if you've already seen that book, but I really would recommend it.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you'll find it as supportive as I have.  It's a really helpful forum.

Hope  :)

Dee

Welcome serene_irene!

No one is criticizing.  I understand you want to know if other people feel the way you do.  These are personal questions and people share their stories in their own way here.  If you hang around I believe your questions will be answered, in different ways.  I look forward to interacting more with you in the future.

Kizzie

HI and Welcome to OOTS Irene.  The Moderators/members who have responded to you are not being critical or pressuring you.  They are simply suggesting you engage a bit differently with the community because the way you posed your questions did seem like it could be for an article or research study of some kind.  And that we do not allow unless it has been approved in advance by me (Site Admin). (I.e., I check any researcher's or journalist's credentials and organization before they are allowed to ask questions here, This is to protect members as I'm certain you can understand.)

In any event, given you are not writing an article of conducting research you are most welcome to post and ask questions.  Do keep in mind though that being part of any community requires a reciprocal relationship so as members have suggested, we'd very much like to hear from you about your own experiences/opinions relating to the questions you posed.

Kizzie   

Andyman73

1) Living in the eye of a Cat 5 hurricane.
2) Don't know, 21 years into relationship with covert Narcissist, sorry couldn't remember acronym. No friends IRL buddies and work chums but no friends...ever.
3)  have no clue, still learning, too new to know what's what.
4) Don't know what hat even is.

Kizzie

Note - the original poster hasn't been back to the forum since Jul 28th so this may be a dead thread (unless anyone wants to answer, in which case feel free to continue on :yes:)

Kizzie

Hey Andyman, are you in the middle of Hurricane Harvey devastation?  If so, my thoughts are with you and I hope you are able to stay safe.  :hug: 

Andyman73

Quote from: Kizzie on August 31, 2017, 08:55:30 PM
Hey Andyman, are you in the middle of Hurricane Harvey devastation?  If so, my thoughts are with you and I hope you are able to stay safe.  :hug:

No no....I meant me, personally...I am not making it by my own doing. Literally so so far in way over my head. I barely look at any of it, because I can't handle any more than a tiny little peak. And I just had a new memory reveal itself this past Monday morning...that has given me a whole new set of nightmares..

Kizzie

Well I'm glad you're not in the actual hurricane, but sorry to hear it feels that way for you emotionally.   :hug:  Have you been starting to remember things or is this new for you?