Hope for UK members

Started by Candid, July 30, 2017, 10:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candid

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/complex-ptsd/#.WX20cvnyvIV gives a succinct definition of PTSD then moves straight into CPTSD: what it is, what causes it, what treatments are available. Includes a chunk on misdiagnosis with BPD.  :thumbup:

Good to see this in the UK, posted just a couple of months ago. Things are moving! :yahoo:

I'm about to undertake some investigation and will update.

Candid

snailspace

Many thanks Candid.  This looks good!

Fen Starshimmer

Candid, Thanks for flagging this up about Mind. That's real progress!  Means CPTSD is breaking through into mainstream consciousness :thumbup:

Keep us posted on your investigations.

Am going to take a look at that other survivors' website too. The more the better. There's so many of us out there.

Gromit

Thanks Candid, although the only Mind thing I have nearby is a shop.

Hi all, I've been recently diagnosed with cptsd and it was mind blowing to be honest. Came after a singular event around Christmas which triggered a visit to the gp and then an assessment by a psychologist. On one hand feels great to finally have diagnosis on the other it seems like a long hard road ahead. Would appreciate any advice on how to deal with the early days.