Inner child question

Started by Deb, August 21, 2017, 03:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Hi all,

There have been a few deaths in my life in the last couple of years. Its made me ask the question that I guess I didn't get to ask as a child because my parents didn't talk to me about this. So my inner child is asking me now and I don't have a loving parent to go to with this question. So I'm asking you all. If a child asked you.....'Why do we have to die?'.....what would you say?

Lingurine

Blueberry

Let me think on that. Especially to get a child-appropriate answer. Maybe some of my Inner children can even give me an idea. Not in the next few hours though.

Movingon

With my children I am just honest and try not to go into more detail unless they ask for it.

I would say because the human body can only stay alive for so long, sometimes it wears out, or gets a disease or has an accident that it can't recover from. 

I don't know if that is the "right" but I tend to start with something like that and then answer all their other questions that lead from there.

Lilfae

Quote from: Movingon on September 19, 2017, 12:13:14 PM
With my children I am just honest and try not to go into more detail unless they ask for it.

I would say because the human body can only stay alive for so long, sometimes it wears out, or gets a disease or has an accident that it can't recover from. 

I don't know if that is the "right" but I tend to start with something like that and then answer all their other questions that lead from there.

I think children at some level knows when you are lying or not telling the whole truth. I think its wonderful that you tell them the truth. I wish I had been told that truth as a child. 😊