What Do You Do When You First Wake Up Every Day?

Started by movementforthebetter, August 26, 2017, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyman73

I get up and try not to fall over while waiting for the pain in my lower legs to ease up enough for me to walk normally. I don't got to bed early enough. I know. Hate to give the nightmares more time, you know?
Workdays I'm up at 0315hrs, hit the road at 0400, usually at work by 0500hrs. And start work at 0600. Most nights I average 4 hours of sleep. Of which is filled with memories and nightmares. Sleep apnea with CPap and mask is a 2 edged sword. I do have
REM sleep now, but every time the mask comes loose it wakes me up.

Because the pain dominates my immediate thoughts it pushes away whatever may have been there.

SilverLingingA

I seem to have a similar problem with waking up in the mornings. I usually wake up to an emotional flashback/abandonment depression. I  have a cup of coffee and try to calm myself. Seems for me though, my morning routine, and getting up has gotten significantly worse since being diagnosed this year. What I want to learn is how to sooth myself so I can go on and have a productive day. Seems like I'm stuck in a constant cycle of rumination, and do nothingness when I wake up in my flashback - Id like to implement healthy morning routines, like, journaling, or positive affirmations to help me get my day started. But, I haven't quite figured out how to do that. Has anyone found something thats worked for them to get back in the swing of daily life, healthy routine in am, journaling?  Even more so what soothes you ?