My boyfriend cheated and had an outside child

Started by Islander, August 28, 2017, 03:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Islander

All very complicated in story, but basically he cheated at the beginning of our relationship. I didn't find out until I had changed my life to be with him which was over a year after the child was born. I was already invested in the situation, so we carried on.  The mother was seeing him before me and set it up to happen. She does not appear to feel any remorse for putting her child in that position or the father (my boyfriend) and basically has no shame.

However, the idea of hanging out with with child and having to be what my inside says is 'in competition' with the child who is now 7, is very difficult and challenging for me.

I am not looking for judgement on my decision to stay with him, what I'm looking for are success stories of where you have been in a similar situation and you have managed to make a success of it... Don't start telling me to leave him, that's something that I have to decide on my own, and I don't need any input on this matter. I truly am looking for success stories that help me to work out the best way forward for my damaged interior...  thanks

Three Roses

Not sure you're in the right place, do you have CPTSD? Our success stories have more to do with overcoming childhood sexual abuse, rape, kidnapping, etc....