Is anyone being triggered by the bad weather?

Started by alliematt, August 29, 2017, 05:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alliematt

I've been through a hurricane, and I've been fortunate enough to not have PTSD from it.  I rode out Andrew.  However,I lived in an area that just got a lot of wind and some rain.  The worst problem I has was that my AC didn't work for a week!  Others lost everything.

I did see a posting at another site talking about how Katrina victims could be triggered by Harvey.   :'( 

My main problem is that, like a train wreck, I am having a hard time pulling myself away from the Weather Channel.  I just brought my computer upstairs so I can get to work for pay!

AphoticAtramentous

Sorry to hear about your hurricane experience, Alliematt. I'm glad it didn't affect you as severely as it could have, though you have every reason to be cautious even with minimal damage done.

I've had my house partially flooded before by storms. Other people had it far worse than me, some houses completely submerged and destroyed.
I am overly aware of the weather, but only specifically in fear of being flooded again.
Trigger Warning Start - Emotional/Family Abuse
I had a washing machine that broke frequently and basically spewed out water into my house. The only way to clean it all was just soaking the water up with towels and wring the water into the bathtub, but the water was ice cold and my hands hurt and my feet hurt, all whilst my father was screaming at me to keep going and to not stop, to not stop for even half a second. This would usually go on for an hour each time.
Trigger Warning End
So I suppose that might have something to do with it.

Not sure if you may have any indirect connections like that that may be causing your vigilance to the weather.

alliematt

Ugh.  I'm sorry to read about your experience with the washing machine and your dad!!!!