Feels like pockets are being picked

Started by AncientSoul, September 06, 2017, 10:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AncientSoul

Dealing with a Narcissist, (or not dealing with one) sure takes a lot of energy. I'm wondering if the physical pains I feel are from my actual injuries from accidents, or from the stress of constantly being on guard despite my being No Contact. All I know is that any pain when intense enough is debilitating.

Since the beginning of August, my nieces and nephews have been around nearly constantly, but none of them have called me or visited me, though through my sister, they have been stripping apart my mother's house and property for which my sister said they were getting things ready to rent. But there are people making decisions and living in and on my property that I have not been introduced to, nor have I given permission for any of the activities. I own half interest in every place and piece of property they are "looting".

Yes, I have in the past asked for them to pay me back monies owed me by them. I have questioned and have not given permission for the work, and that doesn't seem to matter. Instead, I get "asked" to loan them some heavy equipment that I have to do the work. In the past, it has been my experience that when I have done that, the equipment gets broken or not returned. I have been told in the past that "things of mine were stolen". Thus, I will not borrow or loan them anything. But it doesn't stop them from out right taking from me.

In the past, when I have engaged, it doesn't do any good and starts more and more phone calls, messages and down right hate aimed directly at me.  Plus I receive bill for things I did not approve of doing. Things that have not been needed.

I am so very close to searching for someone who can help me deal with these things. I run up against a brick wall with my sister and her kids. I feel they are "running up bills" and taking things as a way to get my property by saying "they spent the money, I owe them, so the property is theirs." They did that with my brother. They tried that with my cousin. And now they are doing that with me.

I look at these things as crimes. I am to the point where I want the money I have invested in all this, and my inheritance that my family wanted for me, sell and move far, far away from my sister and her kids. Thing is, I have absolutely no one in my life and I don't know where I would go. But what I have tried to do by presenting my receipts, bills, promises to pay me back is met with threats or silence by my sister. And then seeing her children do her bidding, and perfect strangers going through family possessions, of which my mother asked me to make sure my sister never would.

I put my own self preservation first in paying what was needed to be paid, and avoiding my sister. But her plan seems to be to break me as much as she possibly can.

Over the years I have documented all that she has done. I have receipts, letters, documents and witnesses to back me up. I really want to get away, and since I don't have anyone but myself, I wonder why I feel like I have failed my family. It is a horrid feeling. It feels like I'm selfish, despite at the same time feeling selfish, it feels like my pockets are being picked more and more and more.

AncientSoul

AphoticAtramentous

I'm sorry to hear all this AncientSoul. :\
It all sounds like a really complicated mess you're in. I can't really think of any advice to give, I'm sorry. I'm not really knowledgeable on how properties/interest/bills work because I've never had to deal with those things. I know how it feels to have things taken from you though. My parents always say how I 'owe' them. But I've only loaned money off them recently, which I paid back, in fact they had me pay back $200 more than what was required. I have people taking my possessions all the time, I can't imagine how much worse it all feels for you though.
I hope your situation will get better soon! ^^

AncientSoul

I just needed a place to once again vent. I do not understand greed or selfishness, and it is a constant struggle within me to understand how people can use others and how they hurt others.

After all I have witnessed and learned, it is still difficult for me to accept that such evil exists in the world. 

Sorry for the negativity. I believe in people. I believe that somehow, they will do the right thing. But I am also learning to listen more to the people that understand better than I.

AncientSoul