Overnight in Hospital

Started by sigiriuk, September 07, 2017, 10:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigiriuk

Hi All
My Blood pressure was out of control, and ended up being admitted as an emergency. Luckily my BP is now normal, and am discharged, and no cause found. ( The whole experience was pretty unpleasant and frightening).

However my friend reminded me that cPTSD messes up our ability to physically regulate ourselves: temperature, blood pressure etc:
"the wear and tear on the body" that accumulates as an individual is exposed to repeated or chronic stress. It represents the physiological consequences of chronic exposure to fluctuating or heightened neural or neuroendocrine response that results from repeated or chronic stress.

Just thought i'd share this

Blueberry

Quote from: Slim on September 07, 2017, 10:21:41 PM
However my friend reminded me that cPTSD messes up our ability to physically regulate ourselves: temperature, blood pressure etc:

:yeahthat: Thanks for sharing, it's good to be reminded.

I know you've been discharged, but still, I hope it's not amiss to send you good wishes and  :hug:

Three Roses

So glad you're feeling better. I hope you can keep us posted and let us know if you have a set back.

AphoticAtramentous

I hope the BP stays normal for you, Slim. ^^
Good to hear nothing serious happened.

Dee

When I'm not doing well my blood pressure spikes.  I have gone in for appointments and it has given me away.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

sigiriuk