I am sick of feeling this way.I want joy and I want it now :)

Started by dewachen, January 02, 2015, 10:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewachen

Hello everyone :wave:

I am new to the forum and wish everyone a Happy New Year.I am now at the stage that I want to break free from all the pain and fear I have experienced over the last 50 years.I want to experience joy in my life and was hoping that people may share how they are breaking free from the misery.

Best Wishes
dewachen

Kizzie

Hi Dewahen and welcome to OOTS   :hug:   

I am sorry to hear that you have had a long history of pain, but it's good that you have reached out here.  When you have a moment, please read through the Member Guidelines above.

Have you been diagnosed with CPTSD?  Many of us haven't, but have read about it and see ourselves in the symptoms.  It really helps to connect with others here and talk about things many of us have never voiced before.  Like you I am in my 50's and just really beginning to understand what happened to me and to recover from the trauma.  It does open the door to more joy and happiness, there is more room for the good things in life

I think you'll find this to be a very supportive, understanding and encouraging community and I wish you all the best on your journey.

flookadelic

Hallo dewachen...

I am so sorry that you have suffered for so long. I was in the throes of CPTSD for 30 years before a psychotherapist pointed me in the right direction. I think Kizzies advice is so good that I'm going to quote it!
Have you been diagnosed with CPTSD?  Many of us haven't, but have read about it and see ourselves in the symptoms.  It really helps to connect with others here and talk about things many of us have never voiced before.  Like you I am in my 50's and just really beginning to understand what happened to me and to recover from the trauma.  It does open the door to more joy and happiness, there is more room for the good things in life

So welcome to the forum and to a great deal of understanding!

Rain

Welcome dewachen!   :wave:

I hope you can find joy in 2015!    I'm glad you have found your way here, and I look forward to your posts.

Grace and Healing in your Journey.