An Intro

Started by JohnnyBoy, January 02, 2015, 05:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBoy

Not 100% sure I have CPTSD but believe I very well might. I just ended an 8 yr abusive relationship with a PD and come from a very dysfunctional family. I have so many triggers I feel like a gun collection. But mainly I'm just always so anxious and nervous and scared, and don't truly know the reason. I lose my temper very easily these days...over stupid *....but my biggest thing...and this is something that scares me....somebody trys to grab me or push me or whatever....I flashback and Im no longer here and you (whoever pushed or grabbed) are no longer you...your her (or her sis). I will goes balzout, frantic to keep from being hurt again. I'm hoping this forum helps as much as OOTF has. Thanks for your patience I'm anxious to hear from you guys.

Rain

Welcome JohnnyBoy!

Hang in there with the symptoms you are experiencing ...let go of judging yourself.   There are reasons why we all react the way we do to triggers.   It just takes time to sort it out.

I'm glad you are out of the PD relationship!!   And yes, there is significant healing with relationships found in the forums.

I look forward to your posts, your support, and this time on our mutual Journey.    Visit www.pete-walker.com for more information on CPTSD if you have not been there already.

Grace and Healing in your Journey

Rain    :hug:

JohnnyBoy

thanks to both of you

flookadelic

Hello Johnnyboy and welcome.

Just to reiterate...you msy find some extremely helpful and relevant stuff at pete walkers website as mentioned by Rain. I have been in similar places to you but with help, information and time and getting myself and my life back, step by step. I very much hope we can be part of your healing journey!

JohnnyBoy

The situation wont be completely "over' until I get my children out of it.

Kizzie

Do you have some help with that JB?