Again...

• 6 Replies

Sceal

• View Profile
Again...
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:41:06 AM »
My morning ritual is eating breakfast and drinking coffee while checking fb, email and the news.
Due to a HUGE event in my city this week the local news has been filled with nothing else. I was looking at the pictures of the week. I should have known, I should have avoided it. But there he was AGAIN. I feel sick. I can't eat, I can't drink. I just have to force myself to do it, because I have a long day ahead of me.
I've lost all focus and all will to move forward.

Blueberry

• Baby steps count!
    • View Profile
Re: Again...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:34 AM »
  :bighug: :bighug: Sceal    Remember to breathe. Though I saw your post about being in the forest, maybe you'Re there now. I'm standing with you.

You know, I went for almost a year not reading any news, because all accidents, disasters... led to severe anxiety, bordering on panic attacs. That was without any kind of personal involvement in what was going on (like home town or people I knew involved).

How about a changed morning ritual with forest pictures instead of fb and news? Or a CD of forest sounds? If this suggestion is too stupid, let me know, I'll delete.

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 12:28:40 PM »
Big hug to you blueberry.
Its not a stupid suggestion! I went 4 years without reading the news after the terrorist attack in algeria. It would be simpler to stop reading the news, but I also like to know whats going on.
But maybe I can find a different "news agency" lile research and similar.

Big hug

sanmagic7

• learn something from everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »
i'm also one to avoid as much news as possible - too distressing.  it wears on me, on my hope for humankind in particular.   it's a two-edged sword at times - with these natural disasters lately, there are so many heroic, helping, and caring deeds being done by one human to another, and that's what keeps my spirit up.  the other stuff, some of it is so ludicrous, i don't want to know what's going on anymore.  what's gonna happen is gonna happen.  i can't control it.

i hope you're able to find some manageable medium, sceal.  i like the forest idea, actually, at least for a way to start your day.  maybe you can catch up on the news later.  just a thought.  big hug to you.

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 06:01:32 AM »
I can totally understand that it wears on your hope for humanity.  :hug: The news does have a lot of sadness in them. Too much infact. We don't get so much about the natural disasters over here, only that they are going to occur and then how bad it was that day, they it isn't mentioned anymore.

I find that I am too worn out to actually look for anything new. I got home around 18.00 yesterday, and I went to bed after I had dinner. I've been in bed for 12 hours. Partially awake, partially asleep. It's like I don't have the energy to look for something happy or interessting. I just go back to what I already know, what's easy. Even if I don't enjoy it. There's nothing new on the news, so I don't know why I keep checking it.

I love the forest, but it's not really possible at the moment to go for morning walks. It takes me several hours to actually properly wake up. To be present in the here and now, and to get my body to move. I'm full of inflammations now I've noticed, it's nothing new. But it means I've pushed my body too hard when I went to the gym and went in the forest.

My dream morning would be a cup of tea or coffee at a porch with view to a lake or the forest. And then go for a walk, and return home to make clay sculptures, before I go to some meaningful work for 3-4 hours and then I don't know. It's just a dream.  :)

sanmagic7

• learn something from everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 03:12:45 PM »
have you visited wife2's healing porch yet?  altho it's virtual, it's also magic, meaning that whatever one needs one can find there.  there happens to be a forest along with a beach and ocean waves, veggie garden, flowers, soothing blankets to cuddle up under and a myriad of places to sit.  we go there for peace, rest, to play or relax, with others or alone. 

i often think of others on the forum there, sitting in a rocker, listening to the waves before i go to sleep.  it's lovely and safe.

i invite you to check it out.   it's under 'creative expressions' , 'other'.   i hope that helps.  big hug.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:15:33 PM by sanmagic7 »

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »
Thank you sanmagic, yeah, I've visited the magical porch. It's quite wonderful.  :hug: Thank you for the invitation too