A couple of things...

Started by Kat, October 01, 2017, 07:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat

I have a Healing the Inner Child CD that leads the listener through visualizations wherein the adult you goes back in time to rescue the little you from a time you remember being abused, were feeling alone and scared, etc.  I'd gone through a couple of the visualizations in the past.  (I do them in my car on the way to work, which might not be optimal.)  I hadn't used the CD in a year or so and had actually forgotten all about it.

I recently rediscovered the CD and decided to give it a go.  This was a few days after a teenage boy acting as protector inside of me kind of came forward in therapy.  I started the visualization, but felt like it was the protector who needed the adult me to "rescue" him.  I shut the CD off and visualized a whole scenario in which I was able to get the protector to forgive himself for not being powerful enough to stop the abuse.  Then the two of us went in to save little me.  The visualization sort of unfolded on its own and I felt like I was along for the ride as witness.  I wept the entire time I was doing the visualization.  It was really powerful.  The times I'd done the visualizations before I didn't feel much emotion.  Maybe I wasn't ready before. I felt very peaceful and content after the visualization.  I feel like it has made a big difference.

Another step in the direction of health and wholeness is that I sent out an invite to a number of my colleagues to join me in a challenge that will take place next year around this time.  A store that sells outdoor gear puts on the challenge each year.  It involves hiking to the summit of the three tallest mountains in my area.  Participants can choose to try to complete it in 24 hours, 3 consecutive days, 3 consecutive weeks, or 3 consecutive months.  I think we'll be doing the 3 months challenge.  I got a really enthusiastic response from my colleagues.  I plan to set up a Facebook group for us so that we can stay motivated by checking in with one another's progress, get help, share tips, etc.  We're also going to do some smaller hikes throughout the year in preparation.  This is something I never would have organized in the past.  I would have been too fearful to put myself out there.  I'm hoping this helps with my tendency to isolate so much of the time.

AphoticAtramentous

Those all sound really great, Kat. :)
I hope that hiking challenge will go well.

And good on you for shedding those tears whilst visualising that stuff...  :hug: They help so much.

Andyman73

Kat,
That was so powerful, thank you for sharing your experience with teenage protector.

Your work challenge sounds amazing. I wish you all success in that. 🌺🌹🌷💐🌸🌼🌻