MBTI "poll"

Started by Quiet, October 03, 2017, 08:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiet

I was going to make this a poll, but it's too complicated for that.

I really like https://personalityhacker.com/ for their test, and also for the fact that they look past MBTI to the cognitive functions Jung described, which are the basis of MBTI.  They use the car model to describe these functions, which makes it a lot easier to understand.

I read somewhere (can't find references, sorry, these ages might be off) that everyone starts out as an extrovert or and introvert from the day they're born.
When you are about 3 you "choose" whether to be an J (act now, see what happens) or a P (watch first, then determine a course of action) person.
When you're about 7 you start to "choose" whether or not you'll be an S (sensor) or an N (intuitive). 
When you're a teenager, you "choose" to be a F (feeler) or a T (thinker).

But until you're a teenager, you're mostly working on developing your driver function, which will be introverted or extroverted.  This is tough without seeing it.  The car model chart really helps me visualize it.

I have to say, also, that when someone has experienced trauma, they rely on different parts of themselves to get them through.  I've heard it's hard to type someone with trauma in their background.  Don't worry about if you know you're correct type.  It's just as handy to know what type came forward to help you cope.

So, here's where I'm going with this.  I was wondering, first, if we have a clustering of people in certain personality types, because a large portion of use had trauma in our childhood that surely would have directed or even derailed the development of cognitive functions.  If you have "fragmented" or if you have multiple inner children, tell us about any you're comfortable disclosing.

I'm also really curious, if anyone feels comfortable stating, what your your "F" type (Flight, Fight, Freeze, Fawn).  I suspect that we might see that certain personality types might tend towards certain F types.

Quiet

And I'll start it off.  I'm an INTP, and I freeze/dissociate.

Elphanigh

I am an INFJ (yep, one of the rare ones...) Also am generally a flight/fawn type. I can use the others but those two are how I react most commonly and recognize after reading Pete Walkers book

AphoticAtramentous

Oh boy, MBTI! I looked into this so much when I was younger. Before my CPTSD diagnosis, I tried using personality tests to 'get a grip' of myself. But I know now my issues are a lot deeper than just 'not knowing myself' lol.
QuoteI have to say, also, that when someone has experienced trauma, they rely on different parts of themselves to get them through.  I've heard it's hard to type someone with trauma in their background. 
Oh yes. Definitely.
I find it actually impossible for me to take these personality tests the way they are meant to be, that is... viewing yourself as a whole, what you've done in the past. Every time I look at my past, my identity is so jumbled, it's impossible to find out what's really me or not, who is who, who does what. Too many people in my head.  :stars: I won't even try to take the test right now because the realisation of all these personalities in my head will fry my brain. haha
But I have kind of documented each of my alters and am slowly dissecting at each ones' personality, so I'll just jot a few things down.

"Default"/Me:
INFJ I think? It's the type I got the most when doing those tests years ago.
Flight/Freeze.
The Peacekeeper
ISFP.
No type? He handles himself pretty well. lol
The Realist
ISTJ.
Fight/Flight.
The Counsellor
E?FP.
Fawn.
The Queen
ENTJ.
Fight.

And there's a couple more but haven't figured out enough of them yet to make any judgements like this.