Night anxiety/ Dreading mornings

Started by moonlightnanana, October 11, 2017, 01:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlightnanana

I (like right now) usual feel anxiety before I sleep. I guess the prospect of going to a job that's too long and puts me out of my comfort zone (I speak English at work most of the time but sometimes I can only use this country's language) AND interacting with people who are older than me makes me nervous..  it's a general feeling of dread.  :fallingbricks:

Also even if I go to sleep early it takes extreme amount of effort for me to wake up. I usually wake up 10 minutes before I'm supposed to leave my house and always arrive at work late.... and I get away with this because no one at my workplace really cares/seems to notice  (issues of being a foreigner in Asia) BUT ANYWAY...

But I really believe the importance of maintaining a morning routine... I keep trying to make myself wake up at least at 7.... but I just succumb to my feelings of dread and fall back to sleep. I don't know how to break out of this cycle  :stars:

Anyone have any tips?

Three Roses

If I need to get up but it's hard, I take really deep breaths slowly. Inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 2. This will signal your brain that it's time to do stuff. Hope that helps. (Don't hyperventilate. ;))
:heythere: