ch. 3 70's survival

Started by sanmagic7, October 09, 2017, 02:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

blueberry, no harm done.  i may have felt i needed to explain that just so that i could see it.  i can't always tell why i write what i write.  i know you were concerned, and that's how i took it.  my explanation just came out.  i probably was flashing on how many people have told me to do something different, didn't agree with me, wanted concrete explanations, or told me i 'can't' do that, but i know inside that it wasn't you doing that.  i appreciated your concern - i remember thinking that at the time.

so   :grouphug:  back atcha, sweetie. 

DecimalRocket

I'm glad you're a little calmer these days, San. It's nice to show yourself some compassion, and I'm glad you realize why you're so tired.  :hug: So many changes in your daily life. So many things to realize. So many things to heal from. You told me once about taking care of myself as I pass from transition to transition, and I think the same for you.

Immature jokes that include words like "trendy" or "memes" is less of something shallow to me, but more of an escape from all the seriousness my childhood traumas gave me. It's not something thoughtful or hard to ponder about, and that's a break from my frustratingly overactive mind at times. I wanted to show that side of me to you, but I understand if you didn't really appreciate it.

Take care. 

sanmagic7

hey, d.r., it's not that i didn't appreciate it, it's just that i didn't get it.  especially the memes part.  i really didn't understand what that meant, what it was all about, or how to picture it.  and, for me, i think the idea of something 'trending' just takes me back to all the fashionable 'trends' that i didn't follow, and would have others either mock me or try to get me to be 'on trend', update my wardrobe or hairdo or something about me.

no, i appreciate your responses, whatever form they take.  i just don't always comprehend.  that's on me, not you.

Andyman73