Pete Walker's New Book

Started by Kizzie, October 11, 2017, 04:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

A message for us from Pete about his new book:

Dear Fellow Recoverees,

My new book has just been released on Amazon.

It is titled Homesteading in the Calm Eye of the Storm: A Therapist Navigates His Complex PTSD. It is a Companion Book to my self-help book: COMPLEX PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving. Homesteading is also a Memoir of my journey of recovering from C-PTSD. As such, it is not a typical self-help book, but rather the account of how I increasingly found relief from the painful symptoms of CPTSD.

Homesteading has much less psychological jargon and is written in a lighter, easier to read style than my other books. One previewer has described my book as"...rich, poignant, funny and full of self-disclosive anecdotes that are sure to help other survivors in their recovery."

Homesteading has two parts. In Part I, I escape from my dysfunctional family and backpack around the world seeking happiness while I unconsciously flee my suffering. In Part II, I wander into the jungles of psychological theory and technique. I shift my focus from global adventurer to inner world explorer.  SKIP TO PART ll if you are mainly interested in my direct recovery work. Part l sets the table for this work. 

Here is a Link to Amazon.com where you can purchase the printed version of my book:  www.amazon.com/dp/1974029158  The e-book and Kindle version of the book will not be available at this link for another 3 to 4 weeks. It also may not be available overseas for 2 to 4 more weeks.

I hope this book will shore you up for the long, but silver lining-laden journey of recovering.

Many Blessings,

Pete

Congratulations from all of us here at OOTS Pete, I know we will surely enjoy reading this new book!  :yes:

Hope66

Wow, I am really excited, and I've just ordered a copy...!!!  I thought I saw a 'new member' in the forum the other day using the name 'Pete Walker' and I wondered if it was the actual person - maybe it was him...?!!

I can't wait till that book arrives now...  I feel like it will be 'therapy' - and I am looking forward to reading it so much!  :-)

Hope  :)

Boatsetsailrose

So wonderful to discover this news !
Thank u x

rbswan

Awesome Pete!  I'm going to purchase it right away for my kindle.  I am such a huge fan of the Tao of Fully Feeling and Complex PTSD, they have enhanced my recovery more than I can ever say.  Thank you so much for your work!

Three Roses

Just ordered a copy, thanks for the info, Kizzie; and thanks for your work, Pete!

green tree sky

Hi all this is my first post here on OOTF/S when I saw it noted at the top of the forum page I just had to check it out and just had to post... it is wonderful news: another book by Pete Walker!  I have recently read 'Complex PTSD' and am halfway through 'The Toa of Fully Feeling' - these books have given me so much understanding of what has brought me to this point... and support in how to move forward. His understanding is revelational. And it was his book that brought me here. ;)

I had actually been wondering if he was perhaps in the process of writing another book and here it is announced... 'Homesteading' is now on my reading list!

Look forward to being part of this community

AphoticAtramentous

Welcome to the forum, Green Tree Sky.  ;D I like the username.

woodsgnome

Looks to be more autobiographical than the C-PTSD book. Very few, if any, similar reads are out there from people who've traveled this messy trail to find their own brand of wholeness; so that alone bodes well. I'll be eager to see how he handled those steps, while dealing with the missteps that are so discouraging and drag us down so easily.

Should be interesting and much-needed.

memorex

Three Roses

Got my copy and finished it. Really good, pretty different from anything I've read by him up to now.

Kizzie

Mine's on the way.  He says it's quite different and that he hopes readers will take away insights into recovery from his own experiences, dead ends to avoid, that kind of thing.  I found his personal examples in his last book really helpful so am looking forward to this book for that reason.