mini-carrot's recovery journal

Started by minicarrot, October 16, 2017, 01:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minicarrot

Hi everyone, my name is mini-carrot and started on my recovery of cptsd this summer. i have a great employer and HR dept that has provided me accommodations. here is my journey...

10/15/2017
at work, we've had a lot of major reports since almost year-end. these have been back to back, so even with my work accommodations, it's not enough. i feel really bad bc i haven't been able to do anything really productive. i show up but can't concentrate and even the simplest thing for me is insanely difficult for me today. i rested for 3 days and feel like i've leveled out. i'm actually able to plan things out and do things around the house. i'm not dreading going to work tomorrow, so that's an improvement. this week i see my pdoc and will let her know how've been managing. i think it's mostly due to the stress. i don't have time to mentally and emotionally rest, with everything else going in recovery. i know i have my part to make sure i'm getting enough rest and mental relief. i will attempt to be more assertive when it comes to taking care of myself so i can be a productive member of my work team.

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, minicarrot! If this introductory post in the Journal section doesn't get a lot of responses, try starting another thread somewhere else. Typically journals aren't really commented on, as they're seen to be a bit more private. Thanks for joining
:heythere:

AphoticAtramentous

Welcome to the forum, minicarrot. ^-^ Lovely name, hehe.
I know how you feel, about not being able to concentrate on anything. It can be so frustrating... :S But it's good that the rest helps you out. Hope to see you around here more.  :)