Hmmm...can a Chiropractor help with "trigger release?"

Started by micmacin, October 21, 2017, 01:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micmacin

Hello,  don't you wish it were that easy, especially if you have been able to better identify the trigger? I am now 61 and have been working on my CPTSD off an on for years, some in therapy, some Alanon type groups but mostly books, websites etc.  For me, the concept of CPTSD is relatively new, as a young adult there was less understanding or connection between child abuse and PTSD.  I have done relatively well over these many years but, I have found myself so triggered this past year (at work), with the worse earlier this week, I'm beginning to question whether I can keep myself from cascading again.  I cannot avoid this person or the changes being made in my agency.  I know I will work this out as I am a survivor but, wonder how many of us are out there, still struggling with this great intensity from time to time.  In truth, it is exceedingly discouraging to find myself, at 61...still experiencing this pain from my childhood.

sanmagic7

hey, micmacin,

just turned 70, still getting triggered as well.  i haven't been working on this as long as you, altho i've been in therapy half my life.  no one ever saw me as traumatized, so it was never a focus.

some days are better than others, same with weeks.  i think it's part of the process - our minds find their own times and pace to be ready to deal with something else, another layer of the onion, as it were.

as far as your question, i know that i've had trigger release with massage, haven't tried it with a chiropractor.  i think that would be a great question to ask him/her.  i'd love to know the answer myself.

i hope you find some relief, and release.  keep taking care of yourself.  best to you with this.   warm and caring hug to you.

Three Roses

I turn 61 on my next birthday. My life has been a struggle, and for so long I felt like my problems were all my fault and due to character flaws, but it's been very comforting to have found this website and this knowledge of CPTSD. It really answered so many questions and relieves a lot of the shame and guilt that I felt throughout my life.

I think it's possible a chiropractor could help with physical issues.

Glad you found us, thanks for joining!
:heythere:

Dee

I struggle a lot.  However, I have only really been working in therapy for a short time considering.  I do feel it is better than it has been.  I can manage my expectations.  I know it will never go away.  I hope to live a better life by dealing with it in a healthy way.  Right now I am working on living in the present.

Gromit

I read that shiatsu is supposed to help with releasing things but I didn't find that happen.

I am 45, have been practising yoga for more than 20 years, have had chiropractic treatments, massages of all kinds, cranial osteopathy etc, nothing ever helped me 'let go' of trauma as such, maybe my body is just not ready. I have heard of people being in floods of tears after specific yoga poses, but never seen it either.

Always looking for that magic thing though, to suddenly make lights shine, angels sing and for me to feel completely healed.
G