Today I am grateful .... (Part 3)

Started by Kizzie, October 25, 2017, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

So lovely Woodsgnome. I hope your Inner Critic will allow you to hear that I think of you as a wonderful and compassionate person I am grateful to know if only in cyberspace. :hug:

sj

what a wonderful thread

woodsgnome - I was warmed by your post and very happy for you to have had that particular surprise and accompanying insights. Thank you for sharing it  :)

woodsgnome

Thanks for the reinforcing encouragement, Kizzie and sj.

So I feel like I can add another item I'm grateful for. That is the freedom to be me, to express myself here as I am -- insecure, still a bit scared but learning that it's okay to be vulnerable, too; that there really are others who 'get it'.

Thank you.

Hope67

Quote from: woodsgnome on December 26, 2018, 05:31:28 AM
So I feel like I can add another item I'm grateful for. That is the freedom to be me, to express myself here as I am -- insecure, still a bit scared but learning that it's okay to be vulnerable, too; that there really are others who 'get it'.

That is great, Woodsgnome - I feel like I do 'get it' and I am grateful for this forum, and for people like you - I think you are very eloquent at expressing yourself, and you have a lovely nature. 

I am grateful today for

1) this forum and the wonderful people in it

2) the fact I got through Christmas and New Year - and although tired, I am ok!

3) I am hopeful for the future - in terms of finding a way to negotiate the effects of C-PTSD and moving forward in a way that feels more manageable than the past.

Hope  :)

sj

Today I am grateful for my increasing capacity to choose more healthy and supportive environments for myself.

I am grateful that since arriving in a new area a couple of months ago I have managed to connect with some really lovely, engaged, supportive people.

I'm grateful that the woman I am currently renting from seems to 'get' me and appreciates me being here, and grateful that she makes an effort to invite me to things, and understands when I say no.

I'm grateful that today she invited me to the local gorge where there is a wonderful fresh water swimming hole and that we had a refreshing swim after a hot summer day.

After a very trying time over the xmas period, exacerbated by a disappointing development with my F, I am grateful for today because today I could feel some lightness and hope, again, and a little return of confidence that I will be ok, that things are getting better, that my life might actually continue to be easier and more enjoyable.

Ecowarrior888

I am grateful for the strength God gives me (not being preachy I promise, just stating what I am grateful for and He is a big part of it). I am grateful for my husband. I am grateful for my friends. I am grateful for my coworkers and even a local town celebrity that is on my side when it comes to work. I am grateful I have these people to help me cope and fight against the person that is bullying me at my job.
And...I am grateful for you all. I feel like I have a place where I can express all the darkness in my head. Not going to lie, this past week I have been on xanax almost every day and just I keep coming here to the forum and I have found so much support. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

woodsgnome

Today I find myself in a familiar downburst of energy about trying to even go on, so identifying things to be grateful for seemed a bit of a stretch. But reading ecowarrior's entry above has flipped me, if not to a wholly positive mood, to at least considering the upside of the passing moment. Here goes ...

1. I slept okay, if still groggy. But okay is a major achievement.

2. I'm finishing some startlingly good reads, despite some vision troubles of late (I have leftover damage from glaucoma earlier in life).

3. I'm impressed with the observation from several of late about finding strength via this forum, despite its inclusion of the dark shadows we've endured. Just seeing people finding at least some relief simply by the token act of being allowed to honestly express and reflect on their journey better than they ever have makes for a grateful day. 

Sasha

• My cat is rediculously lovely and loving and I love her
  • My head is just about above the water after a harsh period of struggle
  • I am in a good relationship
  • Despite strong symptoms I feel like I am progressing and shifting
  • I have a lovely place where I live
  • My friends are really understanding

Perplex

This is one of the things I feel is especially difficult for me to do - just be grateful. My FOO stated I had to be grateful of everything they did for me, abuse and all. Now it feels like a heavily damaged subject.
Perhaps I can turn it around slightly. I want to be grateful - not because of some 'lucky chance' that I've been brought into this world in a privileged society. I want to be grateful for MY actions and MY hard work.

I'm grateful that I can afford things with my own earned money.
I'm grateful that I try to work hard.
I'm grateful that I sought help to get myself out of bad relationships.
I'm grateful that I strive to love someone that really cares for me.

Yeah, that feels more comfortable.

Not Alone

Perplex,
I like how you turned this around to a way that is honoring to you.

Kizzie

Hoffnung12

that I have at least one friend at the end of the world, that is happy about having me in his life. I still fear that I am going to get hurt again, there are always things triggering me. I will keep my eyes open, it feels like I can never trust anybody again, because I always feel close to the wrong people, nevertheless it is nice to read that she cares.

Blueberry

Today as more and more shuts down in my country for the next few weeks, I am grateful to not be in a country at war. Things are just shutting down here - schools, museums, libraries, gatherings, conferences.... But there are no bombs dropping or any dangers of that sort. I can still go down into the garden to stand for a few minutes in the sun. If I didn't have tonsillitis, I still could wander around town or go for a cycle in the country-side.

Not Alone

Quote from: Blueberry on March 14, 2020, 09:25:28 PM
Today as more and more shuts down in my country for the next few weeks, I am grateful to not be in a country at war. Things are just shutting down here - schools, museums, libraries, gatherings, conferences.... But there are no bombs dropping or any dangers of that sort.

Blueberry, thank you for that reminder.