Others who's core trauma was in first year or two of life? (Trigger warning?)

Started by Gwyon, October 27, 2017, 06:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heart

:hug: Thank you all for sharing so bravely of your inner pain on this awful matter. My heart aches for all of us being born into a family/parent who wasn't prepared for a child.  A child is supposed to be the most beautiful gift a person can have... So it is not possible to make sense of our experiences. I read all your posts and it took me some time to do. Needed time to process. Many times I tried to make sense of this "childhood " we had.  And I came to think of my cat. She had kittens on many occasions.  But as soon as she could she dumped the kittens and went out to have some fun. So just like her my m was able to get children. Her body functioned in this aspect. But just like that cat my m was no mother.
To be a mother is a verb. It's not a title.

So bcz of her I have lived with cptsd my whole life. Having thoughts and feelings that were symptoms of the abuse. The only reason why I function at all is bcz I had older siblings that were curious about me. So they touched, they spoke and they acknowledged that I was born. Or even alive.   :disappear:

But you here have given me so much healing by sharing. I can not enough tell you please  - Thank you so very much for articulating your own experience. I have now for the first time in my life been sleeping without nightmares. Consisting of dreams were I am being murdered in one awful way or another. My inner infant screaming for food  - has been heard through you - and I now am able to eat in a normal way. There are many things still to heal. But I am so thankful for you.
:grouphug:

sanmagic7

:grouphug:  back atcha, heart!  i'm just glad some of those issues have been put to rest.

Blueberry

Chart

Quote from: saylor on November 24, 2019, 04:54:33 PMI wish there were a way to ensure that only people who really wanted to be good (enough) parents reproduced. So much damage and pain could be averted
Thank you for this observation Saylor! A few years ago I had a similar reflection that went like this:
In order to legally get behind the wheel of a car you have to spend months practicing driving accompanied by an instructor, then accompanied by your parents for at least several months more. You have to read all the rules, study the road regulations and at the end take a written test as well as a test driving a vehicle with an examiner. And there aint nothing MORE complicated than a baby! Why in almost all societies is there zero preparation for future parents? Not that that would necessarily change deep-seated mentally unbalanced people... Certainly it'd be a political minefield topic, but wouldn't some kind of screening during preparation to have a baby be a way to let folks know... "Hey, um there're two or three things we noticed about your behavior that will probably be really destructive to any child you have... Are you really certain you wanna have kids?!?!"

Chart

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. Took awhile to read through it and much of it wasn't easy, but hearing all this really makes me feel less alone. Thank you thank you thank you.