DecimalRocket’s Recovery Journal : The Sky Is Not The Limit

Started by DecimalRocket, October 28, 2017, 09:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecimalRocket

I guess I have questioned the shame, Sceal, and I guess it was because I was afraid of what other people think.  :whistling:

The more I come to terms with these labels, the less power I give to whatever stereotypes or expectations people place on them. Eh. It feels more. . . normal.

Strange that the world thinks of people either as the strong or as the weak. Maybe the truth is that we're both strong and weak in our own way, twice exceptional or not. Weak enough that we need help, and strong enough that we can make progress in our life. One's more there than the other sure, but they're rival siblings that need to share what they have.

I still have flashbacks, insecurities and disadvantages, but they seem "normal" to me now. Something I'm used to. I was a tragedy not because of these labels, but because of the lack of love shown around these parts of me. Wealth, success and talent doesn't mean happiness, just like certain disabilities doesn't mean despair.

I'm pretty sure I'll fall back to shame again eventually, but I'll enjoy this moment while it lasts.

I breathe, I eat, I love, I hate, I think, I feel, I doubt, I dream and so I live.

Yep. Just a normal human being doing their thing in life.

Sceal

You are describing some good progress here.
You've worked really hard to get here.  :hug:

sanmagic7

what sceal said, d.r.  becoming human can have its downsides, but also mountains of pleasure we weren't able to achieve before.  keep going - warm loving hug filled with support, acceptance, and humanness to the nth degree.

Andyman73

DR
Just stopped in to say hi..."HI"...been too long. You been doing some hard work here, Well done, my friend.