Another round of depression

Started by Sceal, November 05, 2017, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

Quote from: Blueberry on November 08, 2017, 12:35:15 AM
)
I second this!

Sceal, I had green hair for a while in an inpatient place and that had an energising and empowering effect. I wouldn't have dared IRL at the time (or now or ever).

I think green was my first crazy colour. It was just a spray on thing at the time. But I've had partially green hair as an adult too. I've had all variants of brown, I've been blonde, white and grey. I've had black, blue-black, purple-black, purple, all variants of red, I've gone orange (though that one was an accident). I've had bright blue, dark blue. Pink, turqoise, green, multi-coloured. I've never done ombre though, I think I might if I manage to have patient to grow out my hair this time. The strangest times that happened when I had rainbow-colours were all the retired old men who'd walk up to me and tell me I looked great.  ???  ;D

sanmagic7

DecimalRocket

Wow, Sceal. You must have a lot of interesting stories on how other people react. I wonder if the rainbow hair was a thing in those old men's prime time?

Enjoy that ginger hair.  :cheer:

Sceal

Quote from: DecimalRocket on November 12, 2017, 05:24:51 AM
Wow, Sceal. You must have a lot of interesting stories on how other people react. I wonder if the rainbow hair was a thing in those old men's prime time?

Enjoy that ginger hair.  :cheer:

:) It was mostly positive to be honest. The craziest colours I only had in parts of my hair, because at the time I also worked as a medical secretary at a doctor's office.

Resca

I just wanted to pop by this thread to thank you for the inspiration, Sceal. I got to thinking about your fun hair and how low I've been feeling lately and decided that a change would be nice. So I hacked off about 7 inches and dyed it all purple - with help of course.

You guys are all so understanding and wonderful. Thank you for being here.

sanmagic7

very cool, resca.   may i age myself here and say that it sounds groovy. love it.

Sceal

That's wonderful, Resca! I hope you are loving your new hair! :cheer:

Resca

Quote from: Sceal on November 14, 2017, 08:53:30 AM
That's wonderful, Resca! I hope you are loving your new hair! :cheer:

You, too, Sceal! And I love "groovy," sanmagic - "nifty" is another personal favorite :)

BlancaLap

I feel the same way. I don't want to do anything and nothing makes sense. It happens to me all the time. Maybe thid can help:
Why do people go out and socialize? Because it makes them feel good
Why do people exercize? Because it makes them feel good.
Do you feel good when you socialize? Or rather it makes you feel anxious?
Do you really wanna exercize because it makes you feel good or rather because it makes you feel "not bad"?
Maybe you need to find another meaning in doing all that things. Ask yourself: "why would I do that?" And be honest.
Hope it helps, bye!

Sceal

You're right BlancaLap.
When I was really active and enjoyed it, I did it for me. For my own benefit.
But that reason doesn't seem to be working for me these days. Maybe it isn't clear enough.
I'll have a think about it, thank you for your suggestion!

BlancaLap