Sexually assaulted in the military (TW)

Started by TriciaB, April 05, 2024, 06:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriciaB

I was sexually assaulted in the military in 2011. I was 14 years in the Marines and a commander I was under would not take no for an answer taking advantage of me. It was bad and he would get upset telling him no. Would blow up and drag me into his office shutting the door. First time was inappropriate touching in spots that made me uncomfortable. It was my legs and feet then to my arms and hands smacking my butt a few times. I cried during it. Reported it and thought something would be done about it,nothing was done about it. I was angry, it was swept under the rug.

(TW for SA) Second time,he blew right up after I told him no turning into a fight shoving me into the filing cabinet.Then grabbed me putting my back towards his chest. Said what he was going to do to me next was not going to hurt. It hurt, first touched my breasts fondling them enjoying it. Then it was his left hand down to my genitalia area touching me down there. I reported it and nothing was done about it swept under the rug. I was not myself after that and it shown.

I did get a honorable discharge and things got worse after that. I was in the dumps not wanting to get out and do nothing. My family and friends,they were concerned and the VA was contacted. Convinced me to get help and did.Therapist diagnosed me with PTSD. The VA did get involved and Wounded Warrior Project was contacted.

Armee

Hi I am so sorry that you were brutally assaulted by your commander while you were serving. It's I think one of the worst forms of assault and just makes me so angry that women and men have to suffer this way while sacrificing and serving.

I saw a really touching documentary about sexual assault in the military. If you haven't seen it let me know and I'll try to find the name of it. I find hearing others' stories helpful in not feeling alone.

How are you doing now? Have you received treatment or just a diagnosis? Thanks for sharing here, TriciaB.

TriciaB

Quote from: Armee on April 06, 2024, 06:04:52 AMHi I am so sorry that you were brutally assaulted by your commander while you were serving. It's I think one of the worst forms of assault and just makes me so angry that women and men have to suffer this way while sacrificing and serving.

I saw a really touching documentary about sexual assault in the military. If you haven't seen it let me know and I'll try to find the name of it. I find hearing others' stories helpful in not feeling alone.

How are you doing now? Have you received treatment or just a diagnosis? Thanks for sharing here, TriciaB.
I have seen it, The Invincible War.I see a therapist still. I also have a service dog that I got in October named Louie. I do get the panic attacks once in a while, he is trained to sense this. I am doing good.