Info about These Causes

Started by Kizzie, November 06, 2017, 06:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Obviously some or most of these articles may be triggering so please be aware of that before reading. 

Note:  Information about physical abuse in adulthood may be found in the thread about Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control here - https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=14480.msg128748#msg128748.  Please also note that emotional abuse is a major tactic in coercive control. 

Sexual Assault/Abuse/Harassment

A Survivor's Guide to Sexual Assault (US) - information and a list of state resources for survivors of sexual abuse to get the help they need. Includes a guide to help loved ones understand sexual assault.

The Survivors Justice Centre (US) - Free legal services and support for victims of sexual assault in the US to seek justice by holding their perpetrators accountable.

Sexual Assault & the Brain - Web site of Dr. Jim Hopper, an independent consultant and Teaching Associate in Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry of Harvard Medical School. For over 25 years, his research, clinical, and consulting work has focused on the psychological and biological effects of sexual assault, child abuse, and other traumatic experiences.

Why doesn't society care about male rape?  The Telegraph, May 25, 2015.

Fitzgerald, L. (2017). Still the last great open secret: Sexual harassment as systemic traumaJournal of Trauma & Dissociation, 18 (4).

Rhodes, E. (2018). There is a problem with juries acting on myths rather than evidence, The Psychologist, 31.

Kizzie

A helpful resource sent to me by a law firm in the US - What is Considered Sexual Assault? A Guide on Sexual Assault. The information covered is as follows:

What Is Considered Sexual Assault?
What Are My Rights After A Sexual Assault Incident?
What To Do After You've Been Sexually Assaulted
How Long Can You Wait To Report Sexual Assault?
Where Do Most Sexual Assaults Take Place?
Sexual Assault Laws
What Will Happen If I File A Claim?

Armee

Thank you so much Kizzie. I haven't read the articles yet but these  questions weigh on me.