Diagnosed with CPTSD yesterday =\

Started by Simone617, November 10, 2017, 08:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simone617

Hello everyone...
So yesterday I was diagnosed with CPTSD. I told my husband yesterday and he was shocked too (my husband is a Veteran and knows all about PTSD). I'm starting some new medication and getting hooked up w/therapy... :thumbdown:

Not really quite sure if I developed CPTSD from childhood, but by all accounts yesterday w/Psych she thinks it definitely started in childhood. I was adopted and found out young and from then on it was like a domino effect with other triggers throughout the last 30+ years. I also guess my trauma really started "at birth" because i was born a preemie and very early preemie too.

So ive been looking online since last night about CPTSD and there are pictures and some articles and a Wiki page, but why hasn't CPTSD been officially recognized by the US as an illness? I wish there was more about CPTSD.

I live in MA and not sure if Ill be able to apply for disability or any additional services due to my diagnosis. I barely got through college (got my associates which did nada) and have struggled to stay employed for various reasons. Not sure what else to say im sorry this is so much I write a lot. Thank you for reading... S  :fallingbricks:

Rainagain

Hi Simone
I got diagnosed last month so I'm still working out what it all means.

Lots of info on here, good people too.

Welcome