Anxiety so bad

Started by Eyessoblue, November 17, 2017, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

I'm on my 6th week of another antidepressant being added to my 20mg of citalopram, it's an anxiety relief med but my anxiety is a hundred times worse then ever, my heart literally feels like it's about to leap out of my body and my panic attacks are worse then they've been for years, I can't believe I should be feeling like this especially after being on the new med for 6 weeks, I would have thought it would be settled in my system by now. I'm not currently seeing my therapist as Ive said before I'm with the nhs and you have to be signed off for a space of time before being allowed back on so maybe the no therapy is contributing to how I feel, I really don't know. Not sure how much longer I can continue feeling this bad.

Resca

I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time. It kind of sounds like your body is against you right now, and that's really not fair. It makes sense that you'd be tired after fighting it so hard, especially with the severity spiking after so many years.

This may be an intrusive question so please feel free to ignore it, but do you think there may be some outside forces or maybe EFs contributing to this flare up? Any sources you might be able to minimize or let go of for a bit until you feel more under control?

Please continue to lean on us. We're here to help you get through this, even if it's just by listening. :hug:

Blueberry

I'm sorry, Eyessoblue!  :hug: I haven't experienced anything like this before. I presume nhs won't allow you to see a medical doctor about this either until your "space of time" is over?

Eyessoblue

Thank you, no, nhs is great when it's working for you but when it's not your left to get on with it. Lots of ef's And will just result in longer psychotherapy in the end, if I'd have been able to carry on I'd be fine I know, mental health sucks in the uk!!

Rainagain

Some meds can make symptoms worse, might be worth a visit to gp?

ah

Sounds horrible. I wonder too whether it might be the medicine not being right for you.
Seems worth exploring because if the level of anxiety suddenly changed around the time the new medicine would have begun to build up fully in your system, and if you can't think of other things that you've changed recently that could account for the change, then this may be the wrong medicine for you.
It may be totally physiological, your body saying  :no:

sanmagic7

i'm with the others, esb.  sounds like it's time for a chat with a doc.

are you ingesting anything else that may be causing such a horrific reaction?   i've learned about contra-indications with meds over time, since i've been on so many.  that may also be a place to check.  a lot of times i've gone online to see what might react badly with a new med.

best to you with this, sweetie.  hope you get some relief.  big hug full of concern and love.

BlancaLap

I'm so sorry you are going through such a hard time... I don't know what else to say. Just, good luck and I hope the anxiety ends some day!